PDA

View Full Version : POF And Their Rails

SDDuc996
14 February 2010, 20:54
Any POF owner/former owner/knowledgable fellow please enlighten if you are stuck using their proprietary Predator rail on their piston systems.

I like what POF is doing with their coatings and the uber-reinforced barrel nut/heat sinc. I just don't want to be "forced" into using a rail that sits up so high you'll lose your cheekweld if you wanted to use an ACOG.

mrtoyz
15 February 2010, 21:15
I was wondering the same. Spoke with POF and they dont know of another rail that is wide enough.

-T

SDDuc996
16 February 2010, 05:57
Is width the issue? I would've thought it was height right behind the gas block. Either way, this would prohibit me from buying one. I mean, that and the lack of money.

jester
16 February 2010, 08:58
http://www.kaneohegs.com/specials.htm

i don't know if this is applicable, but it looks like they have a custom machined DD rail for the POF piston system. i have no affiliation with them.

mrtoyz
16 February 2010, 09:33
hmmm. When I asked about other rails working I was thinking that it was the heat sink that was the problem, however I didnt specify when I talked to POF, I was assuming they were refering to the heat sink as well. I never thought twice about the piston system beying the problem simply because there are so many other similar system out there with rails.
I quess we need to figure out what the true prblem is the heat sink or the piston system...

-T

tac40
16 February 2010, 10:16
I know DD rails and Samson Rails have been designing rails for piston driven AR rifles lately, Sabre which uses an Adam design piston has Samson rail as does Sig AR platform rifles. I have a LWRCi psiton on mine and DD told me their rail would work.

As for POF, Samson advised their rails will not work on POF. Jester suggested DD, give them a call. Good Luck

SDDuc996
16 February 2010, 18:52
http://www.kaneohegs.com/specials.htm

i don't know if this is applicable, but it looks like they have a custom machined DD rail for the POF piston system. i have no affiliation with them.

Great link Jester.