PDA

View Full Version : Optics & RD Combo Advice needed

PaybackMan
25 February 2010, 09:13
Hey guys,

Here's the situation. I own an Eotech XPS 2 (just bolted to rail) and an Aimpoint T1 (La Rue High Mount). I'm trying to decide on a magnified optic
and want it to be easily interchangable between the two setups. Some options...

A. Aimpoint 3X with LaRue Tactical QD Mount LT602T ( Tall )
B. Aimpoint 3x with Samson Flip-to-Side w/ ARMS Throw Lever Base
C. EOTech 3X Magnifier with Flip-To-Side and QD Mount

1. If I went with option A, would the Eotech need to go on another mount?
2. I can't find any info on folks having problems mixing optics from different brands like this. Heard of anything?

Not to start yet another AP vs ET thread but it looks like from a weight and cost view the Eotech is better (looks a little cooler too IMO).

Thanks for your help..

Mike
25 February 2010, 11:39
Some options...

B. Aimpoint 3x with Samson Flip-to-Side w/ ARMS Throw Lever Base
C. EOTech 3X Magnifier with Flip-To-Side and QD Mount

2. I can't find any info on folks having problems mixing optics from different brands like this. Heard of anything?

D. EOTech 3x Magnifier with LaRue Mount LT670-EO

This is the way I currently went after some embarrassment with the fixed EOTech B&T Magnifier Mount... [BD]
I really like the way you can adjust LaRue mounts to different rails as quite some of them may be out of spec.
Also I don't like the Samson FTS Mount that was originally supplied with the older model 3x Magnifiers. So the LaRue option was a good solution for me.
The aligning or centering method of the LT670 is really simple. This was totally forgotten on the B&T mount I had before...

The LT670 is rock solid so far and works great with EOTechs and lower-3rd-cowitness (i.e. mounted with spacers) Aimpoints (tried it with a M4 and a ML2).

It works fairly well with the Micro T1 as the line of sight through the magnifier isn't coaxial with the sight. So you may get some fuzzy disturbances which may change with distance between sight and magnifier.

But with this setup I'm still able to shoot out to 125 meters with a stocked Glock:

http://www.sfg-gear.com/testingear/WEVO_KPOS_08.jpg

Here I mounted the magnifier "the other way round" a) to get a little closer to the reflex sight and b) to be able to push the sight to flip it instead of pulling it.

Some options...

<...>

1. If I went with option A, would the Eotech need to go on another mount?

When I compare those two charts I would deduce that you either can use a LT-602 (low) Mount in combination with an EOTech mounted on an LT-110 or you can go with a LT-602 (high) Mount in combination with an EOTech mounted directly to the rail.

The two M4S (in factory mount /w spacer) on both diagrams have the same sight plane, so the LT-670-EO and the LT-602 (high) should have the same height. The LT-670-EO works with an EOTech mounted directly on an upper, so should the LT-602 (high) too, then...

http://www.laruetactical.com/pics/Charts/LT-602_Chart.jpg

http://www.laruetactical.com/pics/Charts/LT-670-EO_Chart.jpg

PaybackMan
25 February 2010, 11:51
D. EOTech 3x Magnifier with LaRue Mount LT670-EO

This is the way I currently went after some embarrassment with the fixed EOTech B&T Magnifier Mount... [BD]
I really like the way you can adjust LaRue mounts to different rails as quite some of them may be out of spec.
Also I don't like the Samson FTS Mount that was originally supplied with the older model 3x Magnifiers. So the LaRue option was a good solution for me.
The aligning or centering method of the LT670 is really simple. This was totally forgotten on the B&T mount I had before...

The LT670 is rock solid so far and works great with EOTechs and lower-3rd-cowitness (i.e. mounted with spacers) Aimpoints (tried it with a M4 and a ML2).

It works fairly well with the Micro T1 as the line of sight through the magnifier isn't coaxial with the sight. So you may get some fuzzy disturbances which may change with distance between sight and magnifier.

But with this setup I'm still able to shoot out to 125 meters with a stocked glock:

http://www.sfg-gear.com/testingear/WEVO_KPOS_08.jpg

Here I mounted the magnifier "the other way round" a) to get a little closer to the reflex sight and b) to be able to push the sight to flip it instead of pulling it.

Thanks for the reply Mike (cool looking setup!)

Mike
25 February 2010, 11:58
Thanks for the reply Mike (cool looking setup!)

No problem, and thanks.

Just added some more observations to the previous post, btw.