PDA

View Full Version : Gear Sector Sling vs Vickers Sling

Jaeger
18 December 2007, 21:47
I'm in the market for a new sling for my new rifle. I was fully intending to go with the Vickers sling until I saw the Gear Sector sling. Can anyone shed some light on how these two stack up against each other?

TigerStripe
19 December 2007, 22:24
They are both great slings, the best two out there IMO. The Vickers is a little more stable if you're going to using a sling to carry the gun around much. The Gear Sector is sweet, it's a GTG sling for shooting/transition.

TS

Stickman
22 December 2007, 12:54
I'm in the market for a new sling for my new rifle. I was fully intending to go with the Vickers sling until I saw the Gear Sector sling. Can anyone shed some light on how these two stack up against each other?

They are different means to the same end.

Both are high quality adjustable two point slings, but if you are looking for which one is "better", thats something that you are going to need to ascertain for yourself based on your own needs. I know and shoot with people who use both in LE and MIL circles, and all of them are very happy with what they have chosen.

Jaeger
24 December 2007, 12:21
Thanks for the replies. I'm not really looking for which is better but more a comparison of what each type of sling does and how it does it.

TigerStripe
24 December 2007, 12:57
Thanks for the replies. I'm not really looking for which is better but more a comparison of what each type of sling does and how it does it.

The Gear Sector sling is a sling designed to allow weapon retention and ease of transition to your sidearm in a shooting situation, with exactly those ideas in mind while designing the sling.

The Blue Force-Vickers was designed to be able to do those things, but it can also be used as "normal" sling, as in using it to carry your weapon.

TS

Jaeger
25 December 2007, 12:20
Thanks TS. That's what I'm looking for.

clasky
1 January 2008, 18:12
I've found that my Vickers sling works just as well as a 3-point for patrol carry. It is a very fast sling and easily moves around the body when I transition to a sidearm.

Fireguy275
1 January 2008, 20:11
Do yourself a favor and look at the VTAC slings (padded or unpadded) as well. I have owned a couple of Vickers and they are great slings, but a recent carbine course (Bennie Cooley's Urban Rifle Instructor) where I used the Vickers led me to switch back to a VTAC (which I prefer). PM me if you want more info.

BRD Jerm
10 January 2008, 11:27
would any of these work better for use with a CTR stock and Omega rail with the QD swivel mounts?

i ask because IIRC the GS has extra QD releases on each end,that may be redundant with this set-up?

Stickman
10 January 2008, 12:07
Both the VCAS/ BFG and GearSector GS-2P would work well for that application.

BRD Jerm
10 January 2008, 23:11
thanks.[:D]

....more so than the VTAC?