PDA

View Full Version : HammerHead Rifle-Tool

ArizonaScot
2 March 2010, 17:58
I just purchased myself one of these -- the titanium model. [:D]

http://www.hammerheadrifletool.com/HammerHead_Rifle_Tool/Products.html

I have a Bushmaster AR-15 Combination Armorer's Wrench and although it's very well made (has not broken on me yet), the HammerHead Rifle-Tool is even better.

I know quite a few folks here have spent money over and over replacing cheap, broken wrenches so hopefully, you will find this useful.

gotm4
2 March 2010, 19:22
It rocks I bought one at the SHOT show this year. I've done around 60 stocks thus far. It' GTG!

Stickman
2 March 2010, 23:45
Thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen it before.

Eric
3 March 2010, 09:27
Looks solid and I like the way it engages all four slots. Guess what I need to get. [:)]

ArizonaScot
3 March 2010, 10:21
Looks solid and I like the way it engages all four slots. Guess what I need to get. [:)]
Yup, that was another reason I decided to get it, despite the higher price. My Bushmaster wrench (and most other similar wrenches) only engages at three points. Some castle nuts are so tight that you either slip, scratch and gouge the heck out of your buffer tube, or strip the castle nut.

I have an SK 3/8" torque wrench, and the HammerHead allows me incorporate my torque wrench to torque the castle nut to spec., then stake it down.

And it's made in the good old USA! [:D]

Hammerheadbob
4 March 2010, 21:32
Hi All,
Bob here of HammerHead Rifle Tool.
Thanks for the input...it's been an honor to provide this quality, American Made rifle tool.
The feedback has been GREAT and I'm happy to say many of our men and women in the armed forces have the HammerHead Rifle Tool in hand.
For all those waiting to receive their tool, I'm just finishing the fourth run since SHOT Show ...500 Tools! I'll ship tomorrow (Friday). It's been a run away train trying to keep up with demand...but hey, that's a good thing.
Let me know if you have questions or comments...stay safe, Bob

ColonelColt
24 March 2010, 17:06
Just to confirm: This tool doesn't take down barrels, right?

Eric
24 March 2010, 17:35
Just to confirm: This tool doesn't take down barrels, right? Right. It is a stock wrench.

Hammerheadbob
26 March 2010, 06:59
Just to confirm: This tool doesn't take down barrels, right?

UPDATE:
The current HammerHead Rifle Tool does not provide a barrel Nut device, however, I have a new tool just headed to production that is just as innovative and just as easy to use as the "stock" tool but, is designed to easily remove the barrel nut. As soon as I'm ready to get it out in the public, I'll get a number of samples to the same gang of guys who have been beta testing the first tool. Their honest opinions should be a good place to refer to for your next barrel nut tool should you need one.

Stay tuned, Bob

Stickman
26 March 2010, 22:15
Please keep us posted, I'm yet to be overly impressed with any of the current wrenches out on the market.

ColonelColt
26 March 2010, 22:24
What Stickman said. None of the ones I've held or looked at online have been overly impressive, they all look like tools that follow the cheapest-fastest approach to manufacturing. If the HammerHead tool took down barrels as well, I'd be ordering one right now. I certainly volunteer for beta testing.

Eric
28 March 2010, 23:24
I've had one for a bit now and I'm impressed. This will be a great tool for getting those stubborn receiver extension nuts moving. We'll have a few more photos and review up later on.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/AR15forme/Tools/IMG_8342.jpg

Army Chief
29 March 2010, 04:11
Very, very interested in these products -- and Bob, I've amended your account to reflect your industry affiliation as a Manufacturer. Glad to have you here, and we're looking forward to helping you get the word out on Hammerhead tooling.

AC

Quib
29 March 2010, 04:33
I've had one for a bit now and I'm impressed. This will be a great tool for getting those stubborn receiver extension nuts moving. We'll have a few more photos and review up later on.

I look forward to the review. [:)]

sonrider657
30 March 2010, 15:07
Looks very nice. Don't think I could spend the Jack for the titanium version tough ($119.50 vs. $39.50).

Thanks for making it in the USA!

Hammerheadbob
31 March 2010, 19:28
Very, very interested in these products -- and Bob, I've amended your account to reflect your industry affiliation as a Manufacturer. Glad to have you here, and we're looking forward to helping you get the word out on Hammerhead tooling.

AC

AC,
Just wanted to say thank you for Manufacturer status. I am humbled by the interest in the HammerHead Rifle Tool. I'm proud to be able to offer a tool that is American Made and with out gimmick...received great feedback and success stories from people who had the same frustrations I had when I came up with the tool.
Thanks once again, and I'll keep all posted at the release of the next tool. I have a number of additions to the current tool based on feedback from users as well.

Keep the lead flowing in the right direction, Bob

federalist22
1 April 2010, 01:39
I just purchased one of these and this tool is extremely beefy. While I do not have a rifle in need of its use at the moment because all of mine are built already, I picked up the tool for future builds or maintenance. I keep this in my range bag now and what the hell, if anything it would serve well as a hand-held weapon in a pinch. Nice work Bob.

Army Chief
1 April 2010, 14:19
Keep the lead flowing in the right direction, Bob

Have an impending household move in the next 30 days, but once I'm settled with the new mailing address, I'll be ordering one of everything you make. :)

AC

KM223
7 April 2010, 20:17
Hey all, new here but not to the AR. Has anyone tried this tool with the Magpul ASAP?

Eric
8 April 2010, 01:56
A brief review is up. (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?2217-HammerHead-Rifle-Tool)
This tool is going to be popular. While it might not make sense if you're just taking care of one weapon, the military/LE/commercial armorer will get good use out of it. It really gets a solid purchase on the castle nut.

Army Chief
10 April 2010, 09:47
The current HammerHead Rifle Tool does not provide a barrel Nut device, however, I have a new tool just headed to production that is just as innovative and just as easy to use as the "stock" tool but, is designed to easily remove the barrel nut.

Bob,

I realize we're not looking to put too much information out too early, but are we talking about a dedicated barrel tool, or some type of redesigned combination tool? Clearly, the quality is going to be there -- I'm just curious about the engineering/design concept you have in mind.

AC

Hammerheadbob
11 April 2010, 15:38
Bob,

I realize we're not looking to put too much information out too early, but are we talking about a dedicated barrel tool, or some type of redesigned combination tool? Clearly, the quality is going to be there -- I'm just curious about the engineering/design concept you have in mind.

AC

Hi AC,
Please give a send me a note at bob@hammerheadrifletool.com
I'll give you a little insight to the tool. Bob

Army Chief
11 April 2010, 17:00
HB,

WILCO.

AC

liberty057
24 April 2010, 12:15
Looks like the best tool I've seen. I'm ordering one.

Policetacteam
26 April 2010, 14:58
I have been using mine for a few weeks now! I would give it an A+ This thing is beefy and gives you an extremely solid grip on the castle nut. If any of you are considering a single wrench to handle most of the basic maintenance this is highly recommended! Bob and Andy are great to deal with and have some other exciting things coming down the pipe!

Army Chief
26 April 2010, 15:04
... still waiting to hear more!

AC

Hammerheadbob
28 April 2010, 23:12
Hi All,
Finished the proto on the new barrel nut tool....should find it just as "bomb-proof " as first HHRT. Still playing with fit and final function. The tool will go out to my crew of beta testers first and then be reveled for sale. meets all of the specs of the HHRT....made in the USA, Life Time Warranty with a fair price.

More to follow, Bob

ArizonaScot
1 May 2010, 10:34
Did I miss the opportunity to be a beta tester?[:D]

Hammerheadbob
3 May 2010, 16:11
Hi All,
Scott, you did not miss the testing...still working on it. It's a little more complex than the first HHRT. I think all will love it!
Most likely a few weeks a way...patent pending process has to be in place as well before release.

Thanks all, and I'll keep you updated, Bob

Eric
3 May 2010, 22:24
Certainly worth the wait to ensure it's up to your standards Bob.

Hammerheadbob
11 May 2010, 18:31
I know all have been waiting.....

My new barrel tool is in hand and I'll be starting a limited production run next week. If all goes right I'll have them ready for my many beta testers within two weeks....I know, I've been promising to get these out but, the design has been more difficult than I thought....still waiting on the patent pending to finalize as well.

The wait will be worth it I think....the first tool that will grab and contact EVERY tooth on the barrel nut...even with the front site tower in place. 360 degrees of contact, just as with the original HammerHead Rifle Tool...I will tell you now, this is a designated high quality barrel nut tool, this is not a "multi-tool".

Bites hard, Holds Hard!

More to follow, Bob

chazthebiker
15 May 2010, 23:19
Thanks for posting the info about this. Starting my first assembly when I get home on the 28th. Ordered the Hammerhead for that. It is good to see the good reviews and information. Got the steel version.

Hammerheadbob
17 May 2010, 03:50
You bet...
Good luck with the build. Bob-

tac40
6 June 2010, 08:08
The hammerhead is rock solid, got to play with it at work.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu319/horseplay/Battle%20Comp/BattleComp017.jpg