PDA

View Full Version : What kind of footwear do you all use?

Rated21R
3 March 2010, 10:52
For training, range trips, etc.?

JTrusty
3 March 2010, 11:05
What kind of footwear do you all use?

The same ones I use for my daily drivers - Rocky S2V's (http://www.rockyboots.com/Product-Details/4286/1600FQ0000101/Rocky_S2V_Vented_Military_Duty_Sport_Boots/) [:D]

Skintop911
3 March 2010, 12:56
Depends. My everyday wear are Merrells of some sort. Work, play, training.

Custom-X_Sponjah
3 March 2010, 14:47
Rainbow Flip Flops...
Unless Range Rules dictate closed toe... then some el cheapo Bellville's..
Picking up a pair of Garmont T6's when I feel like it..
But my Rainbow Flip Flops are my go-to's...

CXS

Dutch
3 March 2010, 14:56
Danner shoes or boots most days.

Dutch

bigcoastie
3 March 2010, 14:58
Belleville, they are by far the most comfortable boots I've ever worn by a long shot.

ripper
3 March 2010, 15:18
Rainbow Flip Flops...
Unless Range Rules dictate closed toe... then some el cheapo Bellville's..
Picking up a pair of Garmont T6's when I feel like it..
But my Rainbow Flip Flops are my go-to's...

CXS

I would not bother with the T-6's. They cost a bundle, are heavy and I hated them.

Garmont does make a hiking boot (can't remember the name) that cost less and my feet love them. PM me if you really need the name. They are primarily tan in color and black and come either with or without Gortex.

Ripper

Optimus Prime
3 March 2010, 15:20
I have a few pairs of tan rough out Bellevilles that were priced right (issued) but I also sport Vibram Fivefingers when it's warm out.

spamsammich
3 March 2010, 16:44
I picked up a pair of Lowa Zephyr mid cuts in Goretex about 2 weeks ago. So far they are the most comfortable hiking boots I've owned. Been wearing them every work day and out to the range on a few occasions. I plan on hiking in them a lot this year.

I have 2 pair of Ascics Gel Nimbus 10s, one for walking around/every day use, one dedicated to running.

Army Chief
3 March 2010, 17:24
Depends upon what I'm doing, of course. That said ...

Oakley Temperate Weather 8" Assault boots on duty.

Merrill Sawtooth (or Austrian Gebirgsjeager) boots off duty.

AC

Rated21R
3 March 2010, 17:48
I picked up a pair of Lowa Zephyr mid cuts in Goretex about 2 weeks ago. So far they are the most comfortable hiking boots I've owned. Been wearing them every work day and out to the range on a few occasions. I plan on hiking in them a lot this year.

I have 2 pair of Ascics Gel Nimbus 10s, one for walking around/every day use, one dedicated to running.

i have heard nothing but good things and since I have a gift card to REI I am picking some of these up.

spamsammich
3 March 2010, 18:55
I was hoping to pick up a pair during the February garage sale but of course, no dice. I talked to a sales associate and he said that NOBODY that he knows of in the North Seattle area is returning this boot. I probably should have waited a couple of weeks to use my dividend on them, but I REALLY needed waterproof boots for this job I'm doing in Canada.

SDDuc996
3 March 2010, 19:01
Between Merrell Chameleons and Asolo FSN95's.

Go4broke
3 March 2010, 20:46
I've been wearing KEEN's Voyageur Mids and the Targhee II Mids...very comfortable , require no breakin and have lots of room in the toe area . [:)]

Dutch
3 March 2010, 21:41
Go4broke.

You are completely correct with the KEEN Targhee II Mid's. I have a pair I wear on and off duty and am looking at getting another pair here shortly. The toebox is huge and allows the foot to have plenty of room without being a blister concern. The down side to these are the cost, for being none technical the $125 tag you often find them at is a bit steep.

On a side note I just saw a photo online somewhere of the new issue boots to go with the Multicams for AFG, these are Danners in what looked like a brown sued with a black high sidewall, they look sharp!

Dutch

GoG-Man
4 March 2010, 00:59
Merrell Moab Ventilator. (http://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Mens-Moab-Ventilator/dp/B000KR3D5W) I just buy a new pair off Amazon about every 6 months.

Hoss356
4 March 2010, 22:40
The same ones I use for my daily drivers - Rocky S2V's (http://www.rockyboots.com/Product-Details/4286/1600FQ0000101/Rocky_S2V_Vented_Military_Duty_Sport_Boots/) [:D]

I have a pair of these and they're like tennis shoes, I love mine. That being said, I've always lusted over a pair a Danner's.

lmtrocks
5 March 2010, 06:31
Danners on duty, danners off duty. comfy.

TRY#geaGR.
5 March 2010, 11:01
Dutch,Keep rockin the Danners.I don't wear anything else,To the guys that say they're to expensive,they've obviously never spent days at a time goin hard and diggin deep.Nothin' sucks more than 10 more days and shot feet.

Ranger325
25 March 2010, 11:49
I've been wearing KEEN's Voyageur Mids and the Targhee II Mids...very comfortable , require no breakin and have lots of room in the toe area . [:)]

+1 I've been wearing Keen's for the past several years and have been very happy. Most recently it was between Merrell Moabs and Keen Targhee's - the Keen's won out, felt better to me.

Regards,
Ranger325

m24shooter
25 March 2010, 16:45
I have a few pairs of tan rough out Bellevilles that were priced right (issued) but I also sport Vibram Fivefingers when it's warm out.

How do you like the Five Fingers? I've been thinking about getting a pair. I usually rock Tevas in the summer, but would like something with more coverage up top. How is the fit? Are the soles durable? How sturdy?
I've also got those second toes that stick out past my big toe. Any problem with the fit with those?
I used to wear Merrells pretty much all the time, but since I have to wear a suit now I've gone to Justin laceup work boots. They look good enough that if I need to go into court with them they're ok but I also don't have to worry about their durability. I'm looking for a lighter boot in the summer as these are going to get uncomfortable.

tac40
26 March 2010, 06:06
Danner boots, hmmmm Keen, big toe box, I have to look into that.

Ranger325
26 March 2010, 10:58
Danner boots, hmmmm Keen, big toe box, I have to look into that.

The toe box and toe cap are two of the reasons I like 'em...................

Had some Danners years ago when we lived in Fairbanks.

chem_guy
26 March 2010, 10:59
I currently wear the Oakleys. Very nice, very comfortable. Before that it was Danners. Next I will probably try the Rockys.

103m 95g
26 March 2010, 16:51
On Duty, Danner FT.Lewis
Off duty, 5.11 ATAC Coyote boots or nike/newballance tennis shoes
My problem is I wear size 15 shoes, which limits my selections

Rated21R
26 March 2010, 17:06
I ended up getting some Keen Voyageur Mids. I love them. Very comfy right out of the box.

anthonytburg07
27 March 2010, 10:21
A good pair of hiking boots always suits me well. They tend to be rugged and light. I personally use northface boots but any good pair will do. They have enough grip to give you a solid stance but they are light enough on your feet so you can run drills all day without killing your feet.

XCoastie
28 March 2010, 08:17
Matterhorn 10" Mining boots, just about everyday all day.

TehLlama
28 March 2010, 22:54
The "I can't beleive they're (not) issued" Danners. Solid boots, all three EGA flavors.

jp0319
30 March 2010, 20:44
for work Blackhawk warrior wear desert boot. For running usually Adidas but am trying a pair of Puma Ventis right now and enjoying them. For day to day wear I usually move my old running shoes or a pair of Doc Martins.

Muddyboots
31 March 2010, 10:52
I have big, wide hot sweaty feet so most of the time I wear Vasque Breeze (non-GTX) with the green super feet insoles and wool socks. They are my sort of "across the course" light boot. I have Danners and more specialized mountain boots for specific activities. New Balance for running, with as much vent as possible. Kicking around in good weather Tevas and Chacos.

Muddyboots

skd_tactical
5 April 2010, 19:43
I rock LOWA Desert Seeker PT's but they have gotten way too expensive recently. Over double the price I paid back in '07. They are still kicking though even after a "Superbowl" trip to Afghanistan. For regular wear the Oakley SI hot weather boots work extremely well.

SOS

ColonelColt
5 April 2010, 23:06
I've found that these Cat boots are surprisingly well made. I tried some cheaper types first and found they either didn't fit well or wore out way too fast. Specifically it seems steel toe boots wear out and crack at the rear of the plate. They give great traction and they're very comfortable for working and hiking in. Gussets are important as well as having the lower angle hooks to pull your foot back into the heel. http://www.catfootwear.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/MS-B/6494M/0/Mens/Style/Boot/Mens/Alaska-Mens-Work-Boot

2ATA
6 April 2010, 07:31
Brahma workboots from Wal-Mart. $35 a pair. :P

d90king
7 April 2010, 08:06
North Face BOA's or Ferragamo...