PDA

View Full Version : Aero Precision Monolithic upper

OfcPowder
4 March 2010, 23:28
Just got a sneak peek at the Aero mono upper... Cruddy phone pics, but looks like a solid piece. I've been told these will be available soon, but don't know when for sure.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z91/jwilliams028/0205101456.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z91/jwilliams028/0205101456a.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z91/jwilliams028/0205101456b.jpg

tacguy
5 March 2010, 11:55
OfcPowder, is there a web site were I can get further information?

Thanks,

OfcPowder
5 March 2010, 18:01
OfcPowder, is there a web site were I can get further information?

Thanks,

I don't believe the company has their own website, and this was a prototype I saw. If anyone knows anything more, please share...

JavaBill2
9 March 2010, 10:16
Surplus has one built as a 10" barreled pistol that looks pretty mean.

Stickman
9 March 2010, 10:32
I would be interested in seeing more pictures if anyone has some.

rob_s
9 March 2010, 11:28
I'm also interested in the relative weight of a lot of these mono uppers coming online.

Uglyduck
9 March 2010, 11:54
agreed, I wonder if there's any weight savings to be had or not.

JavaBill2
9 March 2010, 12:19
Here are a few pictures of the upper. Two are of the first time the prototype was fired, five are computer renderings. The renderings are bare aluminum because the details are easier to see that way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/javabill2

CCK
9 March 2010, 14:05
This looks a lot like the new upper that was put out by ARMALITE at SHOT.

Since the first place I ever heard of AERO was making Armalite patterned AR-10 lowers, I wonder if there is any connection.

Chris

JavaBill2
9 March 2010, 15:05
Eerily similar aren't they?

The question of course is, where did ArmaLite get theirs?

zero7one
9 March 2010, 17:53
Aero Precision is a top of the line, though lesser known, company. Their work is solid and the QC procedures are excellent.

Aero Precision does not have their own web page and they don't sell directly to customers. I know that Ammo Surplus in Lakewood, WA is one of the dealers that they sell to for straight customer purchase. I am very happy with my Aero Precision lower and I will be picking up one of the uppers in the near future.

And I would dare to say that the similarities are not a coincidence.

JavaBill2
9 March 2010, 23:46
I might even suggest that Aero makes kits for ArmaLite.

OfcPowder
10 March 2010, 10:08
Perhaps I will try to get in to Surplus this week and see if Andy will let me take a few pics. I was thinking this would be a great pistol upper.

Stickman
10 March 2010, 10:36
My suggestion would be to get them out to a few industry people for review, and to get them exposure across the various internet forums. When people do a search online, you want them to get credible information, and see good images.

Staff at Weapon Evolution is able to do reviews on emerging equipment, and is what the board was built around. If you have interest, get ahold of any of the Staff or Admin and they can help you out. If you don't have interest, that is fine as well, but I would still make the above recommendation.

Best of luck to the AP crew as they push forward into the market on their own name. [:)]

JavaBill2
26 March 2010, 14:46
Our Monolithic Uppers are now available @ Surplus.

TripleBravo
26 March 2010, 17:12
My suggestion would be to get them out to a few industry people for review, and to get them exposure across the various internet forums. When people do a search online, you want them to get credible information, and see good images.

Staff at Weapon Evolution is able to do reviews on emerging equipment, and is what the board was built around. If you have interest, get ahold of any of the Staff or Admin and they can help you out. If you don't have interest, that is fine as well, but I would still make the above recommendation.

Best of luck to the AP crew as they push forward into the market on their own name. [:)]

This is excelent advice from a credible source. JavaBill2 I did a search for Aero Precision Monolithic upper, and this forum is all that came up...is there a link you can provide for where these are now available?

TehLlama
28 March 2010, 23:07
Hmm... Aero and Mega both have monolithic uppers in the works (API in Carbine length, MMS in Midlength).

My Aero lowers are great, and will be SBR's in short order. I think stick knows more than he's letting on, but it would speak well to the quality of Armalite 'if' they used API components.

Army Chief
29 March 2010, 04:09
Definitely like where we're headed with some of these monolithics, especially if the weight can be kept down. Aero, in particular, seems to be on the right track.

Javabill2, I've added you to the Manufacturer user group, to reflect your industry affiliation. Good to have you in the neighborhood.

AC

JavaBill2
29 March 2010, 15:46
Thank you sir, this is a good group to be a part of. We've got a few more tricks up our sleeves that should be cool. We are working hard to get the mid out as soon as possible. Any feature or accessory suggestions are appreciated. The feedback so far has been very good, this could be a fun year at API.

floridajpr
2 April 2010, 13:04
I do not see them on the surplusammo site yet.
Our Monolithic Uppers are now available @ Surplus.

zero7one
3 April 2010, 14:11
I do not see them on the surplusammo site yet.

Try to give them a call to ask if they have them in stock. I do not think that their site has all of their available inventory up to date.

zero7one
5 April 2010, 22:46
I was fortunate enough to be able to pick up one of the Aero Precision Continuous Optics Platform (C.O.P.) kits (Monolithic upper) today. I am very impressed to say the least. A review will be coming shortly.

zero7one
5 April 2010, 22:48
Here is a sneak peak of one of the images I took this evening. A lot more to follow in the next few days.

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww265/zero7one/Aero%20Precision%20Continuous%20Optical%20Platform/AP-COP-23.jpg

tac40
8 April 2010, 08:33
Any updates? Great pics on the new mono rail.

TripleBravo
8 April 2010, 09:27
Is it me, or does that one look different than the picture in the origional post?

zero7one
8 April 2010, 09:38
Any updates? Great pics on the new mono rail.

I am working on the review right now. I hope to have it up today or tomorrow.

zero7one
8 April 2010, 09:41
Is it me, or does that one look different than the picture in the origional post?

It is the same, however the rail system can is interchangeable, so there could be differences in how they are set up between two systems. It will be explained further in my review.

zero7one
8 April 2010, 10:55
The review is up.

Review (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?2212-Aero-Precision-Continuous-Optics-Platform-%28C.O.P.%29-Review)

Discussion (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?2218-Aero-Precision-Continuous-Optics-Platform-%28C.O.P.%29-Discussion)