PDA

View Full Version : Spikes Tactical "Striker" Special Edition?

GraphiteBrawler
5 March 2010, 22:08
Thoughts?

I was looking at it for my first Non Bolt action rifle. Yes, i know its overkill, but i tend to buy the best i can buy, once, and then keep it forever.

Is it basically just a pretty finish and nice sights on the same as their base model?

Is spikes Tac even known for full rifles? I know their lowers are top quality, but i don't hear much about the complete builds.

My plans should i buy it:

ACS stock
Grip Pod forward grip/bipod
Eotech XPS 3-2
Some mounting for one of my current Surefire lights already in my closet.

I'm a total retard when it comes to these guns, i've been shooting .308 and .270 bolt actions my whole life, so i decided to try something completely different!

Phill

GraphiteBrawler
5 March 2010, 22:33
God I'm an idiot. I should also mention that it's a "general" Use gun. Mostly it will be a target monkey, with a heavy emphasis on home defense in the build itself. I doubt i'll hunt with it, i have my .270 for that, but hey, you never know!

NOLACOPUSMC
5 March 2010, 23:33
Dude, Spikes rifles are about to take over the market, Do your research on their webpage and you will see that it is top quality gear.

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113&products_id=387

I just received the ST-15 LE and an ST-22 upper to TE over the next few weeks. Stand buy for the report, but having looked it over good, and having shot Spike's creations before., I would say buy with great confidence.

GraphiteBrawler
5 March 2010, 23:35
Dude, Spikes rifles are about to take over the market, Do your research on their webpage and you will see that it is top quality gear.

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113&products_id=387

I just received the ST-15 LE and an ST-22 upper to TE over the next few weeks. Stand buy for the report, but having looked it over good, and having shot Spike's creations before., I would say buy with great confidence.

This is going to sound dumb. But i knew the individual pieces they made were top drawer, but i wasn't sure about the whole package?

Guess i need to get my spare motorcycle helmet sold and do this thing then :)

Cold Zero
6 March 2010, 04:32
I looked at their web site. I notice there is no mention of HP testing on the Barrel, or Bolt. Do they do this and is it batch testing or on each one?

Who's Lower Parts kit do they use that is Mil Spec ?

Thanks.

Cold Zero
6 March 2010, 04:34
Guaranteed for life is a nice thing to have.[wow]

Specialized Armament
6 March 2010, 05:03
Guaranteed for life is a nice thing to have.[wow]

Is it a written warranty? If it isn't, how do you know what you are getting. If it is, does it comply with the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act?

-Mark

Mega
6 March 2010, 10:30
Personally, on a build that nice, I wouldn't put a GripPod on it and cheapen it.
Since this rifle is going to be a target monkey, put a nice quad-rail forend and Harris bipod on it and call it a day.
No need for a VFG on that weapon.

antonytburg07
6 March 2010, 11:26
what are you going to be to doing with this gun? If its not going to be for just bench rest shooting then I would definetly recommend a VFG or magpuls AFG. ;)

GraphiteBrawler
6 March 2010, 11:43
what are you going to be to doing with this gun? If its not going to be for just bench rest shooting then I would definetly recommend a VFG or magpuls AFG. ;)

I think bench rests are cheating, when at the range, i either stand, go prone with a bipod, or crouch.

So what makes an AFG better then a Foregrip? Is the angle more codusivie to comfort or is it just a personal preference thing.

antonytburg07
6 March 2010, 11:50
I think bench rests are cheating, when at the range, i either stand, go prone with a bipod, or crouch.

So what makes an AFG better then a Foregrip? Is the angle more codusivie to comfort or is it just a personal preference thing.

Its provides a better grip on the weapon to give the shooter more muzzle control and give you a much more natural grip on the hand guard. It is a bit of a preference since most people have never held their weapon in this way, but when you shoot it for the first time it is clear how well though out this product is. Just mo2c...