PDA

View Full Version : Help Request FAL info

SturmSoldaten
9 March 2010, 21:26
ok i no nothing about FAL's at all but i have wanted to get one for some time. can someone point me in the right direction? i also want to do an Iizzy clone

Aragorn
9 March 2010, 21:35
If you're wanting to buy a complete FAL I'd go with a DSA. They make about the best one's out there as far as I know.

http://www.dsarms.com/

federalist22
10 March 2010, 02:23
A little off topic, but I was shooting at Quantico a few years back and a guy there had an FAL--the temp was 25F that day. Another guy who was shooting his Rem700 down the line from me with my AR told the guy with the FAL, while he was setting up, that the FAL performed poorly in cold weather. Sure as shooting, when that guy started firing his FAL, after about 15 rounds that thing started jamming all to hell--serious issues with the rifle cycling. The FAL shooter spent the next 3 hours trying to work out his issues to no avail.

Has anyone else ever had "cold problems" with a FAL?

DMGunn
14 March 2010, 23:17
I've used an FAL for hunting for close to a decade in weather ranging from -18F to probably 40 above - never had any failures (not from the rifle anyway) - have never heard of this issue actually. I hope to get my 6.5 Grendel AR done in time for this season - that FAL is very heavy to carry all day in deep snow...

HeavyDuty
15 March 2010, 06:07
I've had my FAL out in the Winter numerous times with no cycling issues - I especially remember one day where it was too cold to snow, around 5 above.

federalist22
15 March 2010, 16:10
Maybe the guy I saw just had a POS and the guy who called out the issue was incorrect. I hope I didn't derail the conversation here with my comments above.

DMGunn
15 March 2010, 18:35
Maybe the guy I saw just had a POS and the guy who called out the issue was incorrect. I hope I didn't derail the conversation here with my comments above.

It is such a strange coincidence though - would lead me to believe there may be something to the story - but I can't add to its legitimacy.....thankfully.