PDA

View Full Version : What lower parts kits to use?

Shrockp
16 March 2010, 08:12
I am in the process of planning my next rifle build, I have everything decided on but do not know who's lower parts kits are good and who's to stay away from. Any info would be greatly appreciated

GaCop
17 March 2010, 03:55
Stay away from anything made by Blackthorn, Vulcan or whatever name their using at the moment. I've used LPKs from Del-Ton and have had no problems to date with over a dozen builds. Rock River, Stag, LMT, they're all good.

Tom

HeavyDuty
17 March 2010, 05:43
All of my recent builds have been with RRA LPKs simply due to availability. I've never had a problem with their stuff.

Shrockp
17 March 2010, 08:53
Thank you both I was planning on RRA, Double Star or DPMS but I may look into the Del-ton kit as well. I was kinda leaning toward the Double Star as they are from about 25 min. from where I live and I know where to get them almost all the time but I would rather save money on them as I can order a LPK and pay shipping cheaper than buying it from this particular shop... they have an employee that makes me mad about every time I go in there.:mad:

magpul_556
17 March 2010, 18:31
Don't bother with a cheap lpk, get somthing you can be proud of, a cheap lpk will just lead to problems. I like my armalite lpk, but id probably get a daniel defense or colt if i was to do it again. Id stay away from del-ton and dpms.

rob_s
18 March 2010, 03:14
I would also skip del-ton and DPMS. I assume that Daniel Defense is good because their other products are good, but I haven't used one myself. I have used several Stag/CMT kits and tend to like them as a decent middle-of-the-road kit.

Eric
18 March 2010, 06:34
The last couple I've done were Stag. No negative issues to report.

Shrockp
18 March 2010, 12:02
This is why I asked. I am kind of leaning towards either Armalite, Stag, or DD.[:D]

Seagrave7
18 March 2010, 12:58
I prefer Stag. Have not had any problems with them so far.

TehLlama
18 March 2010, 13:14
G&R or WOA (from ADCO). I suspect the latter is mostly RRA - both are $40 minimized - perfect if you're going to dump in aftermarket triggers, grips anyway.

With MOE Grip/Trigger Guard and Armalite NM Trigger, can all be had under $200.

I've had good results with both of these (combined with MIAD and GSSA)

Shrockp
18 March 2010, 13:56
I will have a different grip... either a TD or a Magpul grip... but as for the trigger I will be using a standard military type trigger. I will use a Magpul Enhanced triggerguard.[:D]

Dutch
18 March 2010, 14:27
I have had good success with Armalite Kits, RRA and Stag I have also used lesser quality kits when spares are needed.

Dutch

Ryo
24 March 2010, 09:49
I've used RRA kits and have zero problems. Just the bolt catch pin is a b!tch to put in.

Beaux
28 March 2010, 18:29
I'm no pro builder and I've done 2 with DPMS and 3 with Stag,. For what ever reason the Stag trigger seems to be much smoother and a hair lighter. I will use Stag from now on.

rebelEMPIRE
28 March 2010, 22:09
Aim Surplus has an interesting LPK. Reference Here. (http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XRGLPK&groupid=53)

It's a stainless steel LPK. I personally have not used it, but it looks interesting. In the coming weeks, I'll purchase a set to try out.

-rebelEMPIRE