PDA

View Full Version : Eotech 512 problems

Force
20 March 2010, 05:55
I've had an Eotech 512 A65 rev F on my patrol carbine for around 6 months.
In those 6 months it has worked flawlessly.
Last night I turned the Eotech on, and instead of the nice crisp circle and dot,
the reticle was kind of pixelated. Instead of the single row of dots that make up the circle, it was now about 4-5 dots wide. I tried turning it on/off a few times, brightness all the way up/down, still the same. Changed to brand new Alkaline batteries, no luck.

For some stupid reason our work computers are blocking the Eotech web site today, so I can't research it. Will try from home tonight.

Has anyone heard of, or experienced a reticle spread problem with an Eotech like this before?

Update: I checked out my Eotech again last night. It seems to be working perfect now.
Don't know what the problem was, maybe my eyes. It's working fine now.

m24shooter
20 March 2010, 07:09
I haven't heard of that particular issue, but a friend of mine had one go TU on him on his duty carbine. He got a replacement from L3 pronto after contacting them.
Hope you get it resolved quickly, and let us know how it turns out and what they say about it.

Eric
20 March 2010, 07:52
EOtech contact info. (http://www.eotech-inc.com/page.php?id=21)
Phone: 734-741-8868
Repair & Service: michael.kroll@l-3com.com

I had issues with an out of warranty 512, pre Rev F. They took care of it and updated the internals to the current type.

103m 95g
20 March 2010, 13:37
EOtech contact info. (http://www.eotech-inc.com/page.php?id=21)
Phone: 734-741-8868
Repair & Service: michael.kroll@l-3com.com

I had issues with an out of warranty 512, pre Rev F. They took care of it and updated the internals to the current type.

The reticule on my 512 Rev F was "dim" compared to another 512. EOTech was contacted an "RMA#" was issued and I sent it to them with a check due to the date of manufacture was May 2005.
I emailed EOTech at the above address at 4am on Monday and received a response at 6:15am. RMA# issued about 9am and I shipped the unit about 1pm. I have no doubt that the unit will be taken care of promptly.
Contact EOTech you will be taken care of quickly

sonrider657
25 March 2010, 17:37
I had a 512 that had the battery contacts fall out of the battery box. Customer service sent me a new one and the guy on the phone acted like that happened all the time.

I think EOTech has spotty quality at best. I'm an ACOG guy now.

anthonytburg07
27 March 2010, 10:24
The reticule on my 512 Rev F was "dim" compared to another 512. EOTech was contacted an "RMA#" was issued and I sent it to them with a check due to the date of manufacture was May 2005.
I emailed EOTech at the above address at 4am on Monday and received a response at 6:15am. RMA# issued about 9am and I shipped the unit about 1pm. I have no doubt that the unit will be taken care of promptly.
Contact EOTech you will be taken care of quickly

Same here, they were quick to respond and were very helpfull. Said I will have it back by then end of next week.

103m 95g
31 March 2010, 19:35
10 days later My Eotech was returned, the reticule is nice and bright, the battery compartment was replaced. the unit looks new. they even relaced the yellow (caution laser) sticker on the hood.
I have no doubt this unit will continue to perform as it should
to the OP, did you contact EOTech or send in your unit?