PDA

View Full Version : Moving with FFL weapons

GoCards
22 March 2010, 21:19
Long story but the short version is I put a lowball offer in on a home in GA and was surprised to find out that the owner accepted this morning. Looks like I am moving from MO to GA later this summer.

Now I need to figure out how I move my FFL from MO to GA and the proper procedure to move the weapons.

Anyone gone through the process have any advice?

THANKS!

Jerry R
23 March 2010, 13:49
Each county in Georgia may be different, but in Cherokee County you would contact the zoning commissioner to discuss a variance if you are dealing out of your home.

I was told there was a $350 fee for a zoning hearing, a sign describing the variance usage had to be placed in the yard for two weeks before the hearing, and if any neighbor showed up at the hearing and protested, the variance would be denied.

All of that was eleven years ago. It was right after a school shooting, and I was moving less than a mile from a school.

I gave up my FFL of 27 years and transferred all inventory into my private collection.

All of this may have changed, but the zoning commissioner is a good place to start. I would do that before investing in a business license, or sales tax number.

Good luck, and I hope this helped.

Jerry R
24 March 2010, 18:46
Ed,

Army Chief has posted a link to the online NFA booklet just a couple of threads below this one. The thread is very interesting reading even though it may not completely answer your questions.