PDA

View Full Version : Magpul trigger guard

Broad Arrow
28 March 2010, 09:58
Just would like to clarify. Aside from the materials used (aluminum vs polymer), are the enhanced trigger guard and MOE trigger guard exactly the same in size, function, etc? Thanks.

Stickman
28 March 2010, 15:44
Exact is a relative term, however, I think for all practical purposes the aluminum and polymer ones are the same. I've got both on weapons of my own.

rebelEMPIRE
28 March 2010, 22:04
Relative, indeed. I prefer polymer parts where strength is not a key issue. Why? Because synthetic components do not corrode, nor do they lose their color. Additionally, they resist denting because they are forgiving. But this all comes at a cost. Polymers are often susceptible to chemicals and heat. It's a trade off. The trigger guard isn't in such a critical position that would compromise and/or highlight the differences in material enough for me to care.

-rebelEMPIRE

Broad Arrow
29 March 2010, 01:03
Thank you for your replies [:)]

Ryo
31 March 2010, 16:07
What Stick said..
I don't think you have to worry about corrosion for the trigger guard.. if you do then you got some major issues.

ColonelColt
31 March 2010, 16:37
I love the aluminum guard on mine though I only went with it over the polymer because the site I was ordering from had it. I think an expanded trigger guard is a great idea if you live in any kind of cold environment. If it's cold enough outside to be worried about wearing mittens, I'll be using something other than an Arf but I would use it in the temperature range where I might need bulkier gloves.

Policetacteam
2 April 2010, 06:12
This may be a stupid question but is there any reason why the Magpul enhanced trigger guard, MOE or standard, would not fit on a Colt lower.

Lastrites
4 April 2010, 03:51
This may be a stupid question but is there any reason why the Magpul enhanced trigger guard, MOE or standard, would not fit on a Colt lower.

It should. Why do I sense fitment issues?

Policetacteam
4 April 2010, 20:32
No fitting issues yet but I had someone ask me that very question. I wasn't 100% sure if there may be some fitting issues. Just curious if anyone has had any problems or if it just fits like any other standard lower!?!

rt7
14 April 2010, 03:22
I have a CMMG lower and had to do some trimming/filing down to make it fit.

barakmd
16 April 2010, 05:36
I have a Colt 6921 that I installed an MOE guard on with no fitment issues at all. My LWRC M6A2 came with the enhanced aluminum Magpul guard that I switched out to an MOE because I had problems with the aluminum guards sharp edges tearing into my finger (near the grip where there is a slight gap between the guard and the receiver tabs). The MOE seems to have smoother edges in this area so I've come to prefer it over the enhanced aluminum version.