PDA

View Full Version : Botach Tactical [Found Wanting]

magpul_556
28 March 2010, 20:04
Having trouble with botach tactical. please dont waste your time and money. 50 days and no product. why?

Optimus Prime
28 March 2010, 21:13
I had the same problem, and later saw many similar complaints about them around the interwebs. Should be avoided.

5pins
28 March 2010, 22:03
I know that linking to another forum is sometimes frowned upon but I think you should take a look at this one.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=44020

TehLlama
28 March 2010, 22:55
I read the topic title, and mentally equated it to 'sky is blue'. Most everybody who enjoys shooting will eventually order from there, and only a truly select few have ever ordered from there twice.
I've made my one customary order, which took 163 days to arrive, a couple items weren't available from manufacturers anymore. I wish you much better luck, but that's almost the worst case.

eldogg
29 March 2010, 14:14
my first dealings was a Leupold scope. it was very cheap. i got it in 3 days. later i ordered stuff and got an invalid ups tracking number. i called them and they send part of my order.1 week later i got the rest. ordered again, invalid number again. i called them, no stock, i cancelled. all 3 times my cc was billed before anything was shipped. never again will i order from them.

Army Chief
29 March 2010, 14:54
Everybody sees where this is headed, right?

Botach's well-known reputation for being hit-or-miss isn't exactly news, and while a bit of caveat emptor is always in order, I'm not sure that anything will be served by a littany of denigratory posts. I've ordered from Botach, and had no troubles. I've ordered from Botach, and had troubles. They eventually made things right for me, and I suspect, eventually do for most, but the fact remains that they have some work to do to overcome the suspect reputation. Some say they are improving. Others say that it is business as usual. Rarely do two customers seem to come away with exactly the same experience.

Honestly, I see it like this: if you're attracted by the price, have time on your side, and don't mind calling ahead to check inventory prior to ordering, you'll probably come out OK. Not necessarily exasperation-free, but OK. If you don't mind paying for quality, need something sooner rather than later, and don't want to roll the dice, then there are plenty of excellent alternatives. It really is that simple.

We've no special loyalty to Botach, but we do recognize the value of taking the high road. If this thread continues as merely an airing of grievances, it will be removed. Not because we're chastising anyone; simply because if there is nothing positive to say here, than there is little point in wasting our collective energies and drawing attention to a well-known problem.

Fair enough?

AC

mojo
29 March 2010, 18:52
In fairness to both sides, every time I have ordered I have received my items in a relatively timely fashion. I don't buy all my tac stuff there but non tac seems pretty good.....................