PDA

View Full Version : QD endplates

reiswigt
28 March 2010, 22:14
Looking for opinions on Noveske vs. DD QD endplates. It will be used with a Magpul ACS stock and BlackRain upper/lower if that would impact anything. I have a Noveske on another build and like it. This build will also have a DD Lite rail, all as a dedicated 22 build.

Thanks for opinions and advice.

Keebsley
29 March 2010, 06:26
I'd go with the Noveske myself. It doesn't add any width to the endplate like the DD does so the QD sits more flush. I have a Noveske myself and I went through the same questions as yourself and decided on the Noveske.

Stickman
29 March 2010, 13:39
Both are good quality, but I believe the Noveske is the only one that will allow you to close the ACS all the way and not release your QD sling.

I use the Noveske on my duty carbine, along with the ACS stock.

Policetacteam
29 March 2010, 23:07
Both are very high quality so it completely depends on the stock. Although I really like the DD it adds some thickness which poses problems with certain stocks, especially the Vltor EMOD. When fully collapsed the EMOD will partially engage the QD push button causing some accidental drops! It's a great product but just too thick! The Noveske is about as low profile and flush to the receiver as you can get! Very well made, very simple, and slightly more affordable than the DD.

rob_s
30 March 2010, 03:06
I have both the DD and the Noveske on two different but virtually identical carbines. BOTH will allow the MOE stocks on the guns to close completely if the QD swivel is removed, and NEITHER will allow the stock to close completely with the QD swivel in place. To be clear, by "close completely" I mean it will not latch in the fully closed position with the swivel installed but it will collapse down very near to that position. I never have any reason to have the stock latched in the first position so it doesn't bother me.

I like the Noveske simply because it offers the same functionality for less money. Brownells also carries them so it's easy to tack on to another order when I need one.

FWIW, I have started putting QD receiver endplates on all my ARs when I'm assembling them. It's just easier to install it while the gun is going together (even if I never use it) than it is to break the staking free and retro install one later on.