PDA

View Full Version : DANIEL DEFENSE MK18 RIS II & ARES DEFENSE GXR-35 Piston

yan2xng
30 March 2010, 06:39
good evening..new here and wanting to ask some questions if its ok.. so here goes as the title says.. are this two compatible with each other? i mean that if you have the ARES DEFENSE GXR-35 Piston already installed, can you still add the DD MK18 ris ll on your ar15? thank you

Stickman
30 March 2010, 10:40
I don't think there would be enough room, but I've never tried it myself.

yan2xng
30 March 2010, 11:24
oh ok, thanks stick..hope somebody will help me with these two if its compatible... anyway can i ask you another question stick, whats the difference between these three bolt assemblies?>> "Mil-Spec M16 Bolt Group Assembly-mp tested - $135", "Young Manufacturing Chrome M-16 Bolt Carrier Assembly - $175", and "Young National Match M16 Chrome Bolt Group Assembly - $205"? don't know what to purchase at pkfirearms.com.. thanks for the reply bro

Ryo
31 March 2010, 16:01
Well one difference between the Y/M and the Mil-Spec the YM is chrome. Other than that, I can't compare the quality since I don't know the quality of their Mil-Spec BCG, but YM makes top notch BCGs. I run Y/M and have 0 problems with them, and it's easier to clean. As for the YM differences, I forgot the differences, but I run the National Match.

Here's Y/M website.. (hard to find)
http://www.youngmanufacturing.net/store.php?Bolt_Carriers-pg1-cid38.html

I forgot to mention that Spike's Tactical sell Y/M with their logo on it.. looks very nice.

yan2xng
4 April 2010, 07:39
thanks for the site & iinfo on the bcg's bro, guess i'll build this rifle with a national match bcg.. but kinda like with the piston kit though..

btw bro, does the firing pin come with the national match bcg flared?