PDA

View Full Version : Mega Monolithic upper / Adams Arms ?

JustMatt
31 March 2010, 21:10
I have a build that I'm working on now and had planned to use a Adams Arms midlength piston kit along with a Rainier Billet upper reciever and a DD 9" lite rail. Now that I just saw some pics of the MEGA mono rail and heard that Adams Arms is gonna make a piston kit specifically for it I am questioning on wether to try that route. I kinda go along with the 'fewer seperate parts the better' mindset and would love a monolithic rail. My concerns are with tolerances and spec's. I know that Danielle Defense is good to go and I run a Adams Arms kit with a DD rail now. I wanted to make sure that the MEGA mono railed upper is on par with DD and Rainier's machining and mil spec tolerances. Although a home brewed rifel, I want it to be unquestionably reliable. Anyone have one and a opinion? I read Sticks review but was hoping for a little more info.

TripleBravo
1 April 2010, 01:01
Adams Arms is marketing a competition piston upper set up using a Mega monolithic upper and a Sabre Defense barrell with a pinned gas block version of their piston system. Rainer Arms will be carrying these IIRC, along with a few other select dealers.

I'm sure Stickman or someone from Rainier will be along with more details...but you heard right.