PDA

View Full Version : Troy BUIS

jeffy
8 January 2008, 12:26
I recently ordered a rear BUIS directly from Troy and have been having problems. The first problem was that when I ordered from their website, the order page didn't list what color the sights would be. I ordered FDE. I got a conformation email stating the correct color and item number, so I thought I was OK. Fast forward 11 days and what arrives are black BUIS. The packing slip even states black.

Now I've been emailing with Ray at Troy but it's been slow going. They were supposed to email me a UPS return slip but it either didn't get sent or wasn't properly attached to the email. That was yesterday. I got a email early this morning asking if I got the attachment in which case, I replied no and asked if he could send it again. No response as of yet.

Anyone else have this much trouble ordering directly from Troy? I would have though that ordering form the MFG. would have been fine. Now I feel like I would have been better off buying from a reseller. :mad:

jeffy
8 January 2008, 14:19
Well, I finally got the UPS Return Label so it's going back to Troy, today.

Still, Troy's website needs work but I'm feeling a lot better about the Customer Service.

Other then the issue with ordering, the BUIS looks really nice.

TigerStripe
8 January 2008, 14:22
If they don't get it fixed soon, I'd get it from a dealer or switch what my rear BUIS will be....

TS

jeffy
8 January 2008, 15:47
I was originally thinking about ordering from some other places but many didn't have them in stock. Rainer Arms doesn't carry them so I thought getting them from the mfg. would be OK. There seems to be no price difference for them so it all comes down to shipping.

I wanted the Troy's because they came in FDE. I want to eventually mount an Accupoint on there so I need flip-ups. Otherwise, I would have gone with the LaRue or LMT iron sights.

I figure it will be at least a week or two before I see the new sights though. What a PITA.

TigerStripe
8 January 2008, 20:09
Hopefully it will work out. Too bad ARMS doesn't make a folding front BUIS...

TS

jeffy
29 January 2008, 17:32
OK, here's a follow up. So far, the BUIS were shipped back on 1/08/08 and UPS confirms delivery on 1/15/08. There is no change in my web account so there is no tracking number. I have emailed them again and with no response.

It's too late to call them today but I will be calling them tomorrow. First thing I'll be asking is if they have shipped. If not, then I will ask for a full refund. (The original order was placed on 12/27/07, 32 days ago.)

What a PITA for something so small.

aus71383
29 January 2008, 18:09
Have you talked to them on the phone frequently, or has it been all email? If its been mostly email, I'd give them a chance. The telephone works better...although I hate being on hold too. If you want to buy some from somebody else, Noveske sells them - but they are marked Noveske (if you care). They have them in Black and FDE.

Austin

jeffy
29 January 2008, 18:33
I have had several emails with Ray at Troy. I have also called a few times but with a 3 hr difference, I've got to plan it between my breaks.

If I get different sights I'll probably go with LaRue.

jeffy
30 January 2008, 12:26
So I called them. Turns out Ray forgot all about me (doesn't read his email either). So he went looking and called me back with in 3-4 minutes, telling me the package was on someone's desk. I got the feeling that Troy isn't a large company. As a consolation prize they're sending me a catalog!

So I should have a new tracking order number emailed to me and the sights shipped today.

In short, don't buy from them online, unless you don't care about specifics like color.

Next time I'll be ordering either over the phone or through a reseller. I really thought about canceling my order BUT the product speaks for it self. So we'll see if they arrive by next week...

Eric
30 January 2008, 18:35
That sure sounds frustrating, especially since Troy does put out a good product.

Stickman
30 January 2008, 22:27
In short, don't buy from them online, unless you don't care about specifics like color.

I wouldn't go that far, but I can understand your frustration.

jeffy
31 January 2008, 12:18
I wouldn't go that far, but I can understand your frustration.

OK, maybe that was a bit harsh, BUT you really need to tripple check everything to make sure you'll be getting what you want. It's a lot easier when a company has it all automated correctly and doesn't have to guess (or in my case incorrectly). Although if there was doubt, they did have my phone number.

I assumed that since my order conformation was correct, that they would get the right order. I assumed too much and should have called. I thought going through Troy would be the best since they are the mfg. and the FDE's were harder to find at the resellers. Again, I assumed too much.

Here's what I ordered:
Rear Folding Battle Sight [FBSRA4-FDE] (http://www.troyind.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=72)This is what my account says:
1 x Rear Folding Battle SightThis is what my conformation email said:
1 x Rear Folding Battle Sight (FBSRA4-FDE)This is what I ended up with:
Rear Folding Battle Sight [FBSRA4] (http://www.troyind.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=42)

So instead of getting what I ordered on 01/07/08 (first delivery date), I'm now getting what I ordered on 02/06/2008, 40 day's after the initial order was placed. I'm not out any money but that one error cost them 3 times the shipping and a disappointed customer.

***update***

Received the correct rear sights on the 6th as expected. All is well now.

TalonArms_R
11 March 2008, 21:54
My advice is ALWAYS order through a dealer.
Manufacturers will take your order, but they are really set up to ship 50 sets of sights to one dealer rather than 50 sets to 50 different customers.

Besides, it is easier to get your dealer on the phone to bitch at them if something is wrong. [BD]

If we screw up an order, it is our policy to ship the correct item out with the call tag in the box. That way you get the replacement faster and we know you get the call tag. (We don't screw up very much though.)