PDA

View Full Version : Rainier Ultramatch and Larue Handguard?

MoxyDave
1 April 2010, 20:34
I have a Larue 9" that I'd like to pair with a quality upper. John doesn't sell Larue so he can't tell me if his Ultramatch upper will work with the Larue handguard. The concern is the Larue anti-rotation collar that intertaces with the upper. I know on the first VLTOR MUR this was a no-go (now resolved) but I can't find any info on the Ultramatch in this regard.

Does anyone know if you can use a Larue handguard with a Rainier Ultramatch upper?

MoxyDave
10 April 2010, 16:05
It works! Many thanks to Rainier for great service and quick shipping. The Ultramatch is a very nice piece of kit; I couldn't be happier.

John Hwang
21 April 2010, 15:17
Most billet uppers out there are have really thick walls. Ours is just slightly larger than milspec so all the rail systems we've tested so far work great.

MoxyDave
21 April 2010, 16:22
I had been using a Bushmaster upper before and the barrel was not centered inside the handguard, causing excessive windage adjustment for iron sights.

With the Ultramatch, the barrel centered up perfectly. This speaks well to your claims about dimensional accuracy and is exactly what I was hoping for.