PDA

View Full Version : Spare/Repair Parts Kit(s) & Special Tools

Big Willy
2 April 2010, 04:32
Hi Guys!

As I finish my first AR/M4 “build” I am looking to get spare/repair parts to have on hand. I would like the input of the Guru’s on the forum as to what I should have on hand to keep the AR/M4 up and running.

I have a Daniel Defense lower and a Daniel Defense M16 bolt assembly on the way. The upper assembly is a BCM 16”Mid-Length.

I did a search on “spare parts” and did not get much.

What should a guy have for Special Tools to maintain and repair the AR platform? Who makes the best for the buck?

Thank you in advance for your time and input.

Big Willy
[noob]

federalist22
2 April 2010, 06:00
I keep extra springs for the lower receiver and an extra firing pin around, but if you wanted to be really prepared it's not bad practice to have an extra bolt or even an entire bolt carrier group around. Some people just buy an extra lower parts kit.

AR-10
2 April 2010, 10:21
A complete LPK is never a bad idea, I also have spare gas tubes w/roll pins, spare firing pin retaining pins, and extractor springs.

You should have a complete BCG for each upper, or at least a spare bolt.

ColonelColt
3 April 2010, 02:00
Bushmaster sells a lot of different spring and replacement parts packages that are well worth the money as back ups. In fact, I'm about to order their Complete Spring Package (A COMP SPR PKG-C ) for only $10.50 with some other necessaries.