PDA

View Full Version : Which MRDS for mounting in S&W M&P Slide

TehLlama
3 April 2010, 13:40
I'm starting to look into the M&P with piggyback optic options.

This would be for some carry and some competition use, so usability in different light conditions is a must. Smaller is better, but I plan on abusing it some. The one major concern I have is with how quickly I can find the dot - my eyes are good enough that irons aren't much of a handicap, but if I can get the longer range capability of an RDS without giving up closer aimed fire, I'd be much happier.

Of these options, which makes the most sense for size, price, etc.? These are just the ones I know of.
Trijicon RMR Battery
Trijicon RMR Dual Illum (I'm really hoping they roll out the RED dual illuminated soon)
JP JPoint
Docter
PrideFowler
Insight MRDS
Burris FastFire

So far based on Bowie Customs' work, the JPoint seems like a great candidate, with the 4MOA dot, but I'm really attracted by a dual illuminated RMR so I don't have to uninstall it to change batteries. Any advice or insight?

TehLlama
14 May 2010, 18:03
Additional information - if the VTAC M&P Pistol comes in a Thumb Safety flavor, then it would be going on a 9mm iteration of that sexy thing.

goteron
20 May 2010, 20:19
RMR Led without question. The most robust and well designed sight out there. I had my 19 slide modified for one and love the heck out of it. I use it to rack the slide and it never loses zero or stops working.

Rated21R
21 May 2010, 05:25
If you go to M4Carbine, there is a thread on exactly what you are looking for. I believe Grant from G&R Tactical has pictures and a range report as well in the same thread. Hope that helps (also hope it's ok that I mentioned going to another site).

2ATA
21 May 2010, 05:51
I'm pretty sure that Steve Fischer has been running the Trijicon RMR on his M&P for quite awhile. And that is one of the best recommendations I know of. If I thought it would make me shoot like him, I'd switch to an M&P RMR combo myself. [:D]