PDA

View Full Version : Pelto Com-Tac IIs

lessonz
14 April 2010, 22:23
Right now I'm making due with some cheap passive ear muffs. I don't mind paying for quality kit, and my search lead me to the Com-Tac IIs which seem to have nothing but good things said about them, aside from their price. While I wouldn't mind paying for two pairs of these (one for me and one for the wife), if they're not significantly better than a much cheaper pair, I'm not above getting something less expensive. If they're only popular because they're expensive, were in some movie or video game, or similar, please let me know.

I wish I could say price was no object, but I'm not there. Price is a factor, so feel free to discuss that as a differentiator, but it's not the only or the biggest factor.

I searched the forum and noticed there are a couple of Com-Tac owners out there, so their comparisons to other muffs would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

hwaya
15 April 2010, 07:09
I would suggest checking out Sordin Surpremes. I think they are slightly cheaper.

lessonz
18 April 2010, 15:55
So, I kind of looked into the MSA Sordin Supremes, and they do appear to come highly recommended, but can anyone compare these to the Com-Tacs for me? Anyone had the opportunity to use both?