PDA

View Full Version : need help choosing an upper

Creeky73
30 April 2010, 09:40
I think I have my upper narrowed down to the Rainer Arms Ultramatch and the Mega billet upper. Price difference is negligible except for the free flash hider that is now coming with the RA offering, but I am not sure I even want to use that flash hider, so that is not part of my decision-making. I know the information on the RA upper looks very impressive, but one of the things I like about the Mega upper is that it appears to be very beefy, much thicker than standard uppers. Is this also the case with Rainier's upper? From the photos, it seems pretty obvious that it is not exactly "standard" thickness but is it as beefy as the Mega upper?

rebelEMPIRE
30 April 2010, 17:44
I don't know if RA's billet upper is as beefy as Mega's, but I can assure you that it's quite beefy. Regardless, they both should withstand any type of operating abuse. It really boils down to cosmetics. If I had a Mega lower, I'd match it with the Mega upper. But I think the RA upper matches other lowers better. The free XTC Compensator is a nice bonus that you can always cash in on at a later time. I'm sure someone out there would like to have one at a discounted price if you're not willing to use it.

-rebelEMPIRE