PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat TTU update?????

Dos Cylindros
30 April 2010, 12:03
Stick;

I have been considering the single stage Wilson TTU as a replacement for the mil-spec trigger group in my current carbine. I am primarily concerned about long term durability and ease of instillation. Any update as to how yours is wearing. I would like a smoother trigger, but durability is my primary concern.

Stickman
30 April 2010, 20:13
I agree with you 100% that the durability of a trigger comes before anything else. The WC TTU continues to be borrowed by people, so the process is ongoing, but with WELL over 5,000 drops of the hammer, I have no concerns about its capabilities at this time. Based on my own use, and that of others, I think this trigger is a winner, and have no problems recommending it to those searching for a solid single stage trigger.

Dos Cylindros
30 April 2010, 21:47
Thanks Stick. I will order one up as soon as I have the $$ saved up. Just bought a new BCM upper.

Stickman
30 April 2010, 22:16
Nice, which one did you get?

Dos Cylindros
1 May 2010, 06:55
I picked up the 16" LW middy with the DD lite rail 12.0. I posted up pics in the layout thread, but I have already dropped the AFG as after finally getting it to the range during a qualification day I realized it is not for me. Back to a VFG, I am really liking the new RVG.

HeavyDuty
17 June 2010, 22:15
I agree with you 100% that the durability of a trigger comes before anything else. The WC TTU continues to be borrowed by people, so the process is ongoing, but with WELL over 5,000 drops of the hammer, I have no concerns about its capabilities at this time. Based on my own use, and that of others, I think this trigger is a winner, and have no problems recommending it to those searching for a solid single stage trigger.

Stick -

Three more months on, is this still your opinion?

Thanks!

Army Chief
18 June 2010, 03:42
I'm well behind Stick on actuations, but to this point, my impressions mirror his. The TTU continues to surprise me in all of the right ways, and although the price of entry is still on the upper end of what I would consider the reasonability scale, in this case, it just might be worth the stretch. The TTU has definitely left me feeling much less charitable about the performance of my stock triggers -- I know that much -- and the unit remains comfortably secure on my "recommended" list.

AC

HeavyDuty
18 June 2010, 04:59
This could cost me. Thanks, AC!

Stickman
18 June 2010, 09:43
Stick -

Three more months on, is this still your opinion?

Thanks!

Without a doubt, yes.

HeavyDuty
18 June 2010, 18:21
Thanks, Stick!

jmart
17 September 2010, 15:22
Stick,

Looking for some clarification. Is this a SS or two-stage trigger? It's not clear from your review. Post #1 indicates it's a SS, but your last post refers to it as a two-stage.

Also, have you pulled on the PACT AR Gold Trigger? It reads quite a bit like the Wilson unit, I'm wondering how close they are in design and manufacture?

Stickman
17 September 2010, 16:17
Jmart,

Thanks, I fixed that typo. The TTU with all the rounds on it is the single stage TTU. I'm working with the 2 stage TTU, but that is another project and evidently I had that on my mind at some point.