PDA

View Full Version : I was given a Colt Receiver Extension...

lamarbrog
1 May 2010, 21:35
The store I work in recently replaced the receiver extensions on some M16s the local PD was using. (The LEOs stayed with their rifles the entire time the work was being done.)

They wanted some receiver extensions with various positions on them. The ones that came with the rifles (marked M16A2, Colt, and said to be 16+ years old) has only two positions. In and out.

They didn't want them anymore, since they had new receiver extensions. My boss didn't want them, for some reason. They were just going to throw them out.

Knowing that they were older, and high-quality Colt receiver extensions I grabbed one. (The other had been destroyed while being taken off, due to excessive staking, or I would have gotten it also.)

It is my understanding that these two-position receiver extensions are not manufactured anymore. I can't find any information on them online, though. I have no intentions of selling it, because I really like it... I actually thought about buying a 2nd one.

I'm basically just looking for information. When did they stop making these? Are they worth anything? How hard are they to find? Anything interesting I should know about them?

Thanks.

Quib
1 May 2010, 22:14
The guys in ARFCOM's "Retro Forum" should be able to help out.

Skintop911
5 May 2010, 15:50
What a waste. Those REs could have been sold or traded off rather than given away. They also could have drilled additional stops in them rather than buying new.

If there are any left that are going to be thrown out, I'll take them all. I know folks that can put them to good use.

5pins
5 May 2010, 20:43
Were the receiver extensions marked Colt M16A2 or just the rifles?