PDA

View Full Version : Slings on HD Shotguns

Emilio84
5 May 2010, 18:08
I have been reading lots of opinions on the use of slings (single and two point) on home defense shotguns. I am setting my shotgun (rem 870 tactical 18.5bbl) up to primarily be a HD weapon and for fun at the range. I am a civilian so entry/cqb/patrol work isn't on my to-do list.

While I think it would be nice to have a sling for my time at the range I feel like a single point would end up with the barrel too close to the floor for my comfort and a two point would interfere with pumping. I also fear the sling catching on things (door handles and the like). Opinions?

Optimus Prime
5 May 2010, 18:31
Traditional two point with quick release type swivels. Take it off when you don't want it on there.

sjohnny
6 May 2010, 09:05
I have a two point on mine. It doesn't interfere with the pump and I have yet to catch it on anything. I wouldn't have a defensive long gun without a sling.
http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/keggius/500_10.jpg

Emilio84
6 May 2010, 17:23
I feel the same way about having a sling on all defensive long guns. If for weapon retention alone. I am thinking of grabbing a gear sector ASP as the review by stickman painted it in a very good light.