PDA

View Full Version : MAGPUL AFG

Chewiee108
19 May 2010, 02:18
I am currently using the magpul AFG and love the ergonomics and how it really allows you to drive the weapon from target to target. However, I am finding it tough to access my light. I have the viking tactics light mount with the surfire light. No matter where I put it, it ultimately feels uncomfortable and/or I loose the ability to to flip down my troy front sight. I feel that a weapon light is a must, and I think im going to have to switch back to my troy vertical grip. Any suggestions/pictures of light placement using the AFG? thanks for the help.

TehLlama
19 May 2010, 15:25
I'm curious what your setup is right now.

My VTAC works pretty well mounted on the top of the rail, though it has to be in front of the front sight for me on 9.0 rails. I'm still having slightly better luck with X300's mounted in the same spot.
Various pictures of Robb's SBR setups on M4C are mostly what I've been replicating, and those seem to work best.

Dos Cylindros
20 May 2010, 17:01
I quit using the AFG, and this was one of the many reasons. The AFG is one of the most comfortable forward grips for me, but in my opinion is very limiting. When going prone, or shooting in unconventional positions it offers less hand placement options (for me anyway) than a VFG. I also do not like the grip I have when activating my scout light which is mounted on the 9 clock position. I also feel that I can not apply enough rearward pressure with the AFG as compared to a VFG, and feel that my grip on the front of the carbine is less than with a VFG, which is a concern for me when donig building entries on search warrants at work. I really like the AFG, but it seems that it is not for me.

Arsone23
22 May 2010, 16:00
Have you tried these???

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?2282-MOE-Illumination-Kit
http://www.magpul.com/assets/files/N...inationKit.pdf
http://store.magpul.com/product/67/103

federalist22
23 May 2010, 05:03
For the light configuration, I use a Gear Sector mount that allows me to mount the light up on the right side rail (I am a right handed shooter) so that my left thumb, which is already over the top of the barrel, simply has to depress the rear light button about an inch or two away. My hand never leaves the AFG.

Stickman
23 May 2010, 10:03
I am currently using the magpul AFG and love the ergonomics and how it really allows you to drive the weapon from target to target. However, I am finding it tough to access my light. I have the viking tactics light mount with the surfire light. No matter where I put it, it ultimately feels uncomfortable and/or I loose the ability to to flip down my troy front sight. I feel that a weapon light is a must, and I think im going to have to switch back to my troy vertical grip. Any suggestions/pictures of light placement using the AFG? thanks for the help.

Without knowing what type of light you are using, and if you use a pressure pad, rotational switch, or push button, its hard for me to really give a helpful answer on this one. Can you post a picture of your current setup, or give us more detail?