PDA

View Full Version : PVS-22 which one?

lcpd452
30 May 2010, 20:09
Need some help guys, looking at buying a PVS-22, Im looking at three brands, the Knight's unit, L3 PVS-24A or the OSTI PVS-22, I have a Knight's UNS SR right now, and it is great on the little carbines, but I want to know which PVS-22 performs better, I never had a chance to look at them, so Im hoping someone counld give me the skinny on these, thanks[crazy]

IPSC_GUY
10 June 2010, 10:10
I do not have any experince with the Knights version of the PVS 22. I do however own a Knights UNS SR as well and I have a NVD BNS which in my opinion is the way to go. NVD picks very good P+ tubes to put into the BNS and they pick them with a slightly higher Halo which helps the tube stand up to recoil better. Also the BNS is cheaper by quite a bit. It is Built by OSTI with all the features that the "Mil spec" unit has so for me it was a no brainer. In retrospect I wish I had bought a PVS 27 and the UNS SR to cover the spread of scopes a bit better but the BNS works.

A note on the PVS 24 it is optimized for 4X scopes so in reality it is a competitor to your UNS SR and not really the PVS 22. The UNS SR with it's small size and weight in my opinion KICKS ASS ! ! ! I love this little thing. I run it in front of an ACOG on my 16 inch upper and even my Leupold 2.5 to 8 MRT on my 18 inch upper. At 4X it is great, at 6 X it is still very good and at 8X it is starting to loose some clarity BUT it is still completely usable.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA