PDA

View Full Version : Battle Comp new product

tac40
6 June 2010, 08:16
have any of you guys seen this new product yet? I got to try it out with Dr Roberts SBR 6.8 and assorted M4

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu319/horseplay/Battle%20Comp/BattleComp028.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu319/horseplay/Battle%20Comp/BattleComp037.jpg

I have a 556 battle Comp and Mil-spec Monkey crew and I were invited to demo the comp. Video to be release soon.
Can I post this when ready?

http://www.battlecomp.com/

Army Chief
6 June 2010, 09:06
No objection here -- this is the first I've seen/heard of the product.

AC

tac40
6 June 2010, 18:16
Marty Bloem, Al Normandy and Nick Gottuso are the lead in this new comp device, Marty is the engineer whereas Al and Nick are LEO and have interest in the development of the device. Some of the testing has been done by Dr Gary Roberts, he's big on the 6.8 caliber. John and Stick, you met up with theses fellows back at SHOT. I was asked to watch and shoot at the demo and give my input, very impressive device. I have some raw video but I can't release it yet. The 6.8 and 7.62 comp is getting interest from various parties. An interesting video shot we have was a one handed shooting with the M4 going full auto with the Battle Comp.

Stickman
6 June 2010, 19:41
It looks to be a "dumbed down" version of the KAC Triple Tap. It should be MUCH cheaper to produce. It might not be as good as the KAC TT, but I've heard its much better than the PWS FSC556 due to the way it kills the blast in roll over prone and shooting near walls/ objects.

If they keep their price point near the $100-125 mark, it should do very well.

tac40
7 June 2010, 17:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEBRLHsPU68&feature=related

video just released and ok'd by Battle Comp and mil-spec monkey

tac40
7 June 2010, 17:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2jW2vuyHxc&feature=related

full auto by Capt Nick

tac40
7 June 2010, 17:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W94tz7yZKgQ&feature=related

mil-spec monkey

tac40
7 June 2010, 17:54
I was invited to join in the fun with Al, Marty, Doc, Monkey, Pat, Capt, Chris and a few others today to try out their Battle Comp, one word came out of my mouth, "WOW". I got to shoot the 556 and the 6.8, like Doc said, "I want one in 6.8 and 7.62". The price on the Battle Comp is priced to be competitive with all major brands. My personal experience was with the M4 with the Battle Comp and a SBR 6.8 from Dr Roberts.

The battle Comp gave very impressive control while shooting the SBR 6.8, no rise just a nice soft push back, I'd compare it with shooting a 556. I've shot various 6.8 uppers and have one from AR Performance. So what do I think, I want one in 6.8.

I was surprised and impressed that this is a comp and not a flash hider like a typical A2. I watched the Battle Comp in the dark and was like OK where's the flash. Standing close by the blast from the Battle Comp felt like standing next to an A2. Typically standing next a comp for the AR in CA is like standing on the emergency lane on the freeway, you feel everything going by, not in this case with the Battle Comp.

Many of the shooters today wore electronic ears for protection, I used a Surefire earplug and felt comfortable. The crew gave me a look, "OK it's your hearing". The Battle Comp sound signature was close to the A2 and no surprises, even with the 6.8. Al and Marty nice job on this product. Can't wait until you guys get the 6.8 and 7.62 out.

tac40
8 June 2010, 17:54
One of the Battle Comp device I got to use was the 6.8 on a SBR 6.8 upper which belonged to Dr Gary Roberts. For those who are not familiar with Dr Roberts, he's one of the best known wounds ballistic experts, is a US Navy Reserve Lt Commander and a reserve police officer here in California.

Shooting his SBR 6.8 was impressive and makes me a true believer in the 6.8, his comments on the 6.8 is well known and supported with real world data. The Battle comp device made the 6.8 shoot like a 556. Battle comp welcomes any constructive comments. They have a 7.62 in the works.

Stickman
8 June 2010, 22:16
Tac40,

Move it to whatever section you want, I think its good to go. I'm not sure if you want it in the review section, or out where people can comment on it.

tac40
11 June 2010, 12:11
Thanks Stick, Battle Comp wants everyones input. I will be testing the 556 BC device over the next few months. I like to let everyone know, I paid for the BC device.

GriffonSec
11 June 2010, 13:01
I noticed this late last week. I'm defnintely going to take the plunge for my 11.5 556. From what little I've read, very comparable to the KAC, with less flash. Seems they're going like hotcakes, and you have to jump in on ordering quick.

If I thought it would be reasonable on the now 8.5" 6.8, I'd try it there too.

Optimus Prime
11 June 2010, 15:34
I've been looking for a 5.56 comp option. This looks promising. Thanks for the heads up.

tac40
12 June 2010, 07:15
The SBR 6.8 was the hot ticket that day, using a Noveske built upper, the SBR was blasted and all were impressed. Dr Roberts talked about the tactical advantages of the 6.8 over the 556. The 6.8 BC device is in advance stages of development and Dr Roberts was the go to guy for testing.

GriffonSec
12 June 2010, 08:00
What was the barrel length on Doc's SBR though?

tac40
12 June 2010, 17:55
12" SBR 6.8 with LaRue rails and Battle Comp, according to Dr Roberts, "it's all you need" ; )

Paulo_Santos
12 June 2010, 18:28
I read Doc's comments on it before and it does look like one of the better brakes/hiders on the market.

GriffonSec
24 June 2010, 16:06
I just received mine today, and thought I'd throw a quick impression out.

Same size as the A2 flash hider, interesting design. Put it on my SGW A1 16" carbine, stock buffer and action spring. Sight recovery is quite improved over the A2, noise fairly close to the same as the A2. Felt/perceived recoil was a bit different, more rearward than a "jump", overall I'm fairly pleased. This will go on the 11.5 barrel once the stamp arrives.

To compare it a bit, I have a midlength 16" with the FSC556 comp, standard buffer and extra power spring. Barrel profile is similar, if not the same as the A1, shot Walmart white box Remington 55gr in both. Performance was on par with the battle comp, which I found interesting considering the midlength gas system and extra power action spring. Big plus is the reduction in concussion/noise the BattleComp has over the FSC556.

Given size and more "standard" appearance, I'm sold on it. Price is OK, but I was looking at PWS' smaller version for the KAC suppressor in the same ballpark, but really wanted to do without the blast of the FSC, and the BattleComp is fitting the bill nicely. Can't wait to try it on the SBR.

Just looking it over some, it's an interesting design. Not to detract from it at all, but it looks like a miniature Levang comp, with slots cut in the outside diameter.

tac40
24 June 2010, 18:41
Good to hear. Keep blasting.