PDA

View Full Version : New Magpul Parts?

Creeky73
7 June 2010, 17:48
So I have two guns waiting for the new MOE handguards to be released, and one that is waiting for the gen 2 MBUS. Midway USA jumped from expected on 6/7, to 6/22, and now to 7/15 for them (handguards). Is this the result of them being released and backorders being filled, or has Magpul pushed back the release date? Anyone got any inside info on them or where to get these things? :mad:

Optimus Prime
7 June 2010, 18:16
From what I gather from the Magpul Forum on ARFCOM (http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=124), Midway has a tendency to post dates that have no basis in reality. Even the guys from Magpul don't know where they're getting the numbers.
I've found that the best thing to do is watch that particular forum. Magpul will do an actual official notice there, and the hardcore fans will be all over who's actually got them available for preorder.

Army Chief
7 June 2010, 20:07
Spending a bit of time on ARFCOM lately, are we OP? ;)

AC

Optimus Prime
7 June 2010, 21:01
I tend to check a handful of the industry forums over there... that's really about it.

Stickman
7 June 2010, 21:01
Midway has a tendency to post dates that have no basis in reality.

They have been doing that for awhile. Find out a product is coming, put it on the website, throw up any date. I have no doubt it gets them money.

Army Chief
8 June 2010, 05:13
I tend to check a handful of the industry forums over there... that's really about it.

A logical approach. I just noticed that a similar post had popped up on the PDR thread; hence the observation. It's certainly not a problem.

AC

Optimus Prime
8 June 2010, 08:36
A logical approach. I just noticed that a similar post had popped up on the PDR thread; hence the observation. It's certainly not a problem.

AC
Yeah, I literally just left that forum where I saw that thread, then saw the other one here, so I thought I'd be a nice guy.

Back on subject though, I really feel for the OP, I've got an M&P15-22 waiting for some 2nd Gen MBUS...

Creeky73
8 June 2010, 12:49
actually, I don't visit ARFCOM all that much, don't even have a login to post there. Not to say anything negative about that board, but whatever questions I have, they always get answered quickly and thoroughly here, so I don't post AR 15 questions anywhere but here. Not to be snobby or stuck up, but I don't want my questions answered by people who think Del Ton and Bushy's are just as good as what the average member here is carrying.

I don't order much from Midway USA, but they were one of the few (if not the only) places I saw that even posted an expected arrival date. I wish these things would hurry up and get here :)

Aragorn
8 June 2010, 15:25
I'm with you, I'm waiting on the MOE+ grip myself.