PDA

View Full Version : Keep my Bill Springfield Trigger or go with something else?

Emilio84
8 June 2010, 21:00
So... i have a Bill Springfield trigger in my AR15 at the moment. I like the feel of it but more and more people are reporting issues (doubling and F/A) and I'll be honest and say that I don't really trust it in my AR as its a defensive weapon before anything else. I was thinking about going with a different trigger. If anything I'd like to spend at most $150 (or much much less). I'm even contemplating going with a standard FCG from RRA or the like. Anyone have experience with the new Battle Trigger FCG from Spikes?

Hoss356
8 June 2010, 22:52
From my understanding most of the problems with doubling where end user installed trigger assemblies and showed up right outta the box upon installation. The problem is proper sear engagement and disconnector function is reliant upon the relationship of the hammer and trigger pins, these can vary from lower to lower but still be perfectly in spec, but when you start reducing sear engagement for a crisper trigger there is a fine line between it functioning flawlessly on an untested lower receiver and doubling due to lack of sear engagement as the disconnector releases the hammer on let off on a different lower. The problem lies in the difference in tolerances +/- between one lowers, so it could work fine in one rifle but not the next and the only way Bill would be able to keep the trigger groups as crisp as they are while maintaining 100% reliability would be if he physically had the end use lower receiver while finishing the trigger group for it.

So this is my round about way of saying if it's in the rifle already and functions fine keep it, it's a nice feeling trigger when functioning properly and I haven't heard of people wearing them out frequently.

TripleBravo
9 June 2010, 02:04
... Anyone have experience with the new Battle Trigger FCG from Spikes?

I recently installed one of these in the new Spike's billet lower. It is a pretty impressive feeling trigger...especially compaired to a standard FCG. $59.99 is a nice price point too. The Nickel Boron coating should ensure that it lasts forever and stays reliable.

Eric
9 June 2010, 17:12
Page 2. (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?1420-Which-2-stage-trigger/page2&highlight=bill+springfield+trigger)

NickDrak
9 June 2010, 23:16
I have a Springfield tuned Milspec trigger in my duty rifle. I had him tune it to 4.5lbs and it has been flawless. I think 4.5-5.0lbs is the optimum balance between pull weight & reliabilty with his tuning jobs.

Emilio84
15 June 2010, 09:52
Thanks Eric (and everyone else). I am going to be grabbing an SSA trigger from Palmetto State Armory today. I like the safety features and every review has been outstanding. I'll be selling my Bill Springfield 4.5lb FCG if anyone is interested.

SHIHAN
15 June 2010, 19:29
I would much rather just use the stock FCG or go with a Geisselle is weapon is for serious use, why risk it?

Stickman
16 June 2010, 13:49
I would much rather just use the stock FCG or go with a Geisselle is weapon is for serious use, why risk it?

The bulletproof SSA is in my duty weapon....

Emilio84
19 June 2010, 12:29

And now mine too [:D]

The trigger feel is excellent. I wasn't really a fan of my friend's RRA NM 2 stage but the SSA is a totally different animal.

SHIHAN
3 July 2010, 18:20

I have a SSA in my main squeeze as well.

markm
11 July 2010, 12:47
It sounds like these Springfield jobs are not getting the engagement surfaces re-surface hardened after whatever mods are being done.

I don't know this to be fact, but the doubles are a clue that the parts are beating each other up. I'd never have this job done on any of my guns.