PDA

View Full Version : ADM Aimpoint Micro T-1 Mount Heights.

skypig53
11 June 2010, 10:32
ADM states that their "CO" T-1 mount provides absolute co-witness. Does anyone know the actual height from rail to optic centerline?

I was thinking I could pair one of these up with a Larue "short" aimpoint magnifier. LT says that the short magnifier is 1.535" from the rail to optic centerline. If I remember correctly, optics that are said to provide absolute co-witness should be about 1.5" from rail to centerline. So these should be pretty darn near perfect. The LT short magnifier and medium T-1 mount are not compatible IMO, the LT tall magnifier and tall T-1 mount are compatible with a slight misalignment. If all the measurements jive, a short LT magnifier mount with a ADM "CO" T-1 mount should line up perfectly and provide absolute co-witness when the magnifier is flipped to the side.

Thoughts, ideas, additional info?

TehLlama
13 June 2010, 08:34
I know it your case it would be close - if I had to guess it wolud be around 1.55"- this is without tools, only dead reckoning based on where the BUIS line up.

Paulo_Santos
13 June 2010, 10:09
I don't know the exact heights, but if you get the ADM "co-witness" mount, it will line up perfectly with the Larue Short 3xMagnifer flip mount.

skypig53
15 June 2010, 05:06
Thanks gents. Now I just have to convince the Wiff that I NEED yet another optic mount. These things usually end poorly, i.e. I end up buying her another 1911.

TehLlama
15 June 2010, 14:25
How does that qualify as ending poorly? Sounds like you'll be set, enjoy!

skypig53
16 June 2010, 13:59
Depending on how long it takes me to scrounge up the money and the release of this,

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/BM31R/56ac3be8.jpg

the ADM mount might have some competition. Supposedly it's absolute co-witness as well but LT is being tight lipped.

Bushwacker4
16 June 2010, 15:57
Is that some sort of new secret LaRue handstop? Looks awesome, and appears to fit flush with those Index Clips I just got in the mail.

Aragorn
16 June 2010, 16:55
Is that some sort of new secret LaRue handstop? Looks awesome, and appears to fit flush with those Index Clips I just got in the mail.

Not secret. They're on LaRue's website under Furniture. LaRue Tactical Handstop and Index Clip Combo.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=463

Stickman
16 June 2010, 18:18
Depending on how long it takes me to scrounge up the money and the release of this,

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/BM31R/56ac3be8.jpg

the ADM mount might have some competition. Supposedly it's absolute co-witness as well but LT is being tight lipped.

If LT has stopped making a mount that requires tools, and doesn't cam directly into the rail, it would certainly play direct competition against the ADM series.

As for the handstops, someone else has already pointed out that they mirror the Pierce Grip extensions. Gear Sector introduced the concept of using 2 handstops for stability, so its not a new concept by any stretch, but I do think they will sell well to LT fans though.

skypig53
17 June 2010, 07:17
If LT has stopped making a mount that requires tools, and doesn't cam directly into the rail, it would certainly play direct competition against the ADM series.

Yeah, I'm going back and forth in my head. ADM's Abs-Co T-1 mount is also already available and at comparable a price. I have several pieces of LT furniture already so after my SNAFU with their magnifier mount it might be time to try something new. Everything I have seen and heard of ADM mounts leads me to believe it is at least on par, and superior in some areas, to LT's mechanism.

I'd also love to see some more products from Gear Sector. I have always been happy with their stuff and their customer service is the best I have received from similiar gear manufacturers by far.

ucrt
25 June 2010, 13:03
I bought an ADM 1/3 Co-Witness mount for my T-1 a few weeks ago and I really like it. Yesterday, I was shooting on sandbags at 50 yds. I shot 5 shots removed the mount, tapped it on the table a few times, remounted it, fired 5-shots, tapped... repeated unitl I fired 20-shots. I was so impressed. My 20-shot group was just under 2".

I'm not saying that the LT mount couldn't repeat the same but I know for sure the ADM does repeat very nicely.

On another note: Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the 4 Aimpoint screws are not ferrous. I tried to pick them up with a magnet and they weren't magnetic. When I noiced that, I was very careful to torque them and not over-tighten. They must be made out of some kind of aluminum alloy and maybe that is why it isn't uncommon to read about some people stripping them out.