PDA

View Full Version : Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical Anyone?

federalist22
14 June 2010, 23:42
Does anyone have any experience using the Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical model shotgun? I am looking for a decent 3-gun and home defense platform and I want to go with a trusted name, trusted action, decent price, and good value. These shotguns sell for under $500 or so.

Remington's Overview:

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/tactical/shotguns/model-887-nitro-mag-tactical.aspx

http://gi123.photobucket.com/groups/o306/ODWR4OC69F/887Tactical-prod.jpg

The most durable shotgun on the planet. Born of the gunmaking expertise that brought you the best-selling, most trusted shotgun of all time, the Model 870, the Model 887 Nitro Mag is an armor-clad warrior here to carry the torch of our great pump-gun legacy through the most extreme conditions on earth. Our exclusive ArmorLokt™ process seals the receiver and barrel in a vault of weather-impervious synthetic armor that's both completely rustproof and tough as nails. Similar to the Model 870, it's receiver is crafted of solid steel and the barrel is hammer forged to last a lifetime. Twin steel action bars ensure smooth, positive chambering and ejection. And the sleek receiver design, awesome balance and natural pointing characteristics spell trouble for any bird within reach of its 12-gauge 3 1/2" Super Magnum capability. The extremely rugged synthetic stock and fore-end are ergonomically contoured to offer a positive grip and comfortable handling. Swivel studs are built-in.

For 2010, our new Model 887 Nitro Mag Tactical combines supreme toughness and dependability with a handy 18 1/2" barrel, a 2-shot magazine extension and a barrel clamp with integral Picatinny rails for mounting your flashlight or other accessories. It also includes a ported, extended tactical Rem™ Choke and receiver mounted on Picatinny rail.
Key Features:

* Action design based on the venerable Model 870 - ultra-smooth and reliable
* Rugged ArmorLokt™ coating totally prevents rust on all exterior surfaces
* SuperCell recoil pad reduces the felt recoil up to 54%
* Our softest-shooting pump gun ever
* Awesome balance and natural pointing characteristics
* Handles 12-gauge 2 3/4", 3", 3 1/2" loads interchangeably
* 2-shot magazine extension
* Barrel clamp with integral Picatinny rails
* Rugged synthetic stock and fore-end with specially contoured grip panels
* 18 1/2" barrel with solid rib and HiViz® front sight
* Sling swivel studs built-in
* Includes ported, extended tactical Rem Choke

CCK
15 June 2010, 04:34
Can you attach a side saddle?
Aftermarket stock (shorter, for smaller users)? Pistol grip if wanted?
Is the rail on top secured to plastic armor or steel receiver?

I understand from Remington's perspective you innovate or you die.

The 870 is about the best BASE platform there is. What does this get me that a 870 police doesn't?

Why from an end user perspective reinvent the wheel?

Chris

Hatter
15 June 2010, 05:02
Federalist,

I'm in the same boat, looking for a tactical shotgun for 3-gun. I don't have any experience with the 887 but in shopping around one of the best priced and most comfortable shotguns I've held is the Mossberg 835 Turkey Tactical. It comes with a collapsible AR style stock, Tru-glo front and rear sights, is drilled for a rail or scope mount and includes a turkey extreme choke. The mag needs to be extended for the same shot capacity but it might be worth a look.

Corey