PDA

View Full Version : Which light mount would work?

Wondering Beard
23 June 2010, 11:26
I'm in search of a proper light and mount for my new AR.

I have (for the time being as my experience will grow over time) decided that I would want to mount it at 9 o'clock on the LaRue rail so that the light is at about 11 o'clock and all the way forward on the rail. That way it's not too difficult to acces from either side (roll my thumb over the railed handguard) and won't stick out too much.

However, I noticed that my front sight (a folding Troy set on the rail) sticks out to the sides quite a bit and I wonder if it would block the installation of the mount and light.

Specifically, I'm looking at purchasing the VTAC L4 light and mount combo but I was also wondering about the Gear Sector and Danger Close mounts.

Is what I'm asking for possible or do I need to set the mount further back along the rail? It's a 9 inch rail and with my long arms, I'd rather not set anything back.

If anyone has pics of similar set ups, it would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance [:)]

Paulo_Santos
23 June 2010, 13:07
Pretty much any offset mount will work. Here is a picture of mine. I've had the light all the way forward like you plan on using it and it cleared the TROY BUIS. It even clears the MBUS, which are bulkier.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/paulosantos/100_6122.jpg

Wondering Beard
25 June 2010, 11:12
Thanks!