PDA

View Full Version : Difference between atuo & semi BCG's

Dualspringfields
10 July 2010, 15:45
What's the difference?????
Can you use a auto BCG in a semi rifle?

Paulo_Santos
10 July 2010, 16:09
The Auto BCG is heavier than the regular one as it was designed for the full auto AR. You can use either one in a regular AR.

Quib
10 July 2010, 17:03
To add to Paulo's post......

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/4781518948_f2a4df9951_b.jpg

* This question looks like a good candidate for my FAQ thread.

Dualspringfields
10 July 2010, 17:19
Thanks.

So why even offer a semi?

federalist22
10 July 2010, 17:25
I think rob_s posted a really nice thread on this, maybe here or another forum.............could have been someone else, but regardless the information was very informative.

Quib
10 July 2010, 17:48
Thanks.

So why even offer a semi?

Even though the carrier is not considered a MG part, manufacturers at one point in time wanted to make their weapons as complicated as possible when it came to attempting to convert a semi-auto AR15 into full auto.

Dualspringfields
10 July 2010, 18:22
Ok. Been thinking about getting either a new upper (spikes) or changing out my BCG's . I have a DPMS and a Stag. Both are 16" carbine length. Im not too sure about the Stag with it's 1/9 twist. The DPMS is 1/7 and is more accurate than the Stag. That said I know the BCG in the DPMS isn't as good as the Stag one. Im at a jumping point and not sure which way I really want to go.

And yes I know I should have just gotten a BCM or LMT or Spikes to begin with. But like a rookie I didn't. Didn't know there was so much difference in all of them. So now Im trying to correct the issue. I want at least one AR that is SHTF ready.

tackdriver15
18 July 2010, 12:39
Ok. Been thinking about getting either a new upper (spikes) or changing out my BCG's . I have a DPMS and a Stag. Both are 16" carbine length. Im not too sure about the Stag with it's 1/9 twist. The DPMS is 1/7 and is more accurate than the Stag. That said I know the BCG in the DPMS isn't as good as the Stag one. Im at a jumping point and not sure which way I really want to go.

And yes I know I should have just gotten a BCM or LMT or Spikes to begin with. But like a rookie I didn't. Didn't know there was so much difference in all of them. So now Im trying to correct the issue. I want at least one AR that is SHTF ready.

take a look at the nickle boron BCG's from spike's. it's actually a FailZero BCG branded with there logo. here is a video review.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stxSvV5GHNU