PDA

View Full Version : American Spirit Arms

sschultz
11 July 2010, 14:28
Anybody out there use one of their upper receivers. I can't seem to find anyone that has fisrt hand expeiance with one. Looking at a 308 build.
Schultz

Eric
11 July 2010, 14:34
I have no hands on experience with their products. I do believe that they have gone through a couple name and/or ownership changes.

Hazzmatt
22 July 2010, 07:27
I own one of their m4 style rifles and did a lot of research before I decided to buy it. Amongst all the other research I conducted I also visiting the store several times (and called even more) and picking their brains about every aspect of the rifle and their manufacturing process. First let me say that I have no loyalty to any brand even if I own that brand. I see the rifle as a tool to be used to do my job and would never recommend anything I would not carry. Having said that I’m no expert but I have gotten pretty good at asking questions. My last rifle was a Colt and this is what I used for comparison. What impressed me the most about the people at ASA was their commitment to producing a quality product - and that they are a manufacturer. They build (manufacture) the vast majority of the rifle at their factory in Scottsdale, AZ including the uppers, lowers, barrels, BCG sights etc. I was told that the only major component that was farmed out was the trigger which is made by another local company. The rifles are “mil-spec “(as that term is currently used in the industry) they have a fairly wide selection of options and the guys in the shop will build your rifle the way you want it. I took them a box of parts that I wanted – grip, rail, sights, stock etc. and they deducted the price of those items from the total price and didn’t charge me anything extra to put my parts on. The only extra charge would have been if I had a free float rail installed. They offer a lifetime warranty and guarantee sub-moa accuracy from their barrels. I know this sounds like an add for them but I really did do a lot of research prior to buying my rifle which I am very happy with and while my round count may not be as high as some it shoots better than I can and has functioned flawlessly so far.

Stickman
22 July 2010, 10:18
What part or parts are milspec?

sonrider657
3 August 2010, 18:30
I love the concept of their non-receprocating side-charging Upper but I have never handled one. The price has kept me away.

Hazzmatt
10 August 2010, 12:11
In response to the question about what part or parts are milspec on the ASA weapons the truth is I don’t know. I judge the people there to be honest so I take their word on the matter. I do know that all of the aftermarket milspec parts that have been applied to the basic rifle fit and function without issue. The following is from their website: Forged A3 Flat Top Upper Receiver w/Mil-Std 1913 Picatinny Rails assembled with Mil-Spec Components, Barrel M4 Mil-Spec Chrome Lined 1:7 Twist in 4150 Steel, AR-15 Bolt Carrier Assembly, AR-15 Hard Chrome Bolt Carrier Assembly, Mil-Spec Diameter Receiver Extension, Charging Handle, 7075 Forged Mil-Spec Lower Receiver, Carbine Length Quad Rail w/1913 Picatinny Rails built to Mil-Spec. My comment about the parts being “mil-spec “(as that term is currently used in the industry) was to state that these rifles are built to specifications that allow for the application of other milspec accessories so that the rifle may be configured to the users need which, I believe, in many cases is a valuable feature.