PDA

View Full Version : Micor Industries Flash Suppressor

TripleBravo
17 July 2010, 19:44
I saw these mentioned in a thread about titanium flash suppressors, and was intrigued enough to order a few to try out. I got some in 1 in 7 twist (1N7) and some in 1 in 8 twist (1N8)

From the Micor Ind. website:

"By employing a series of helical slots that match the twist rate of your rifle, the new line of flash suppressors from Micor Industries not only reduce muzzle flash, but also improves accuracy and reduces muzzle climb. The Micor Industries flash suppressor is built to withstand the most rigorous combat environments as well as satisfy the demands of the precision shooter who is looking for an accuracy advantage over the competition. Provisions have also been made to attach a blank firing adapter or a noise suppressor currently fielded by the U.S. military if the user so chooses. For extreme condition applications Micor offers flash suppressors machined from 6AL4V titanium. Available for twist rates of 1:7, 1:8, and 1:9. The new line of flash suppressors from Micor Industries takes flash suppressor technology to the next level."

Anyone have any experience with these yet?

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww189/wjt1169/Micor%20Flash%20Suppressors/1N7--1N8-on-case01.jpg

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww189/wjt1169/Micor%20Flash%20Suppressors/mounted02.jpg

Aragorn
18 July 2010, 23:34
Anyone have any experience with these yet?

Not yet, but I'm dead set on getting one in titanium, so I'm VERY curious to know more about how these work out for you.

TehLlama
19 July 2010, 14:42
I wonder if they could make something similar to the TTB. If it was $200-250, they'd sell great.

jp0319
25 September 2010, 15:17
I just purchased one to use on a DD 14.5 middy I'll let ya know when I shoot it. It looks good plus it's 2" so I can perm it on my 14.5 figured it was worth a shot.

Saber7Tactical Group
29 September 2010, 19:39
Im interested in hearing how it is too! Anybody have any suggestions for an LWRC M6A2 10.5? (didnt have the extra "tax" money to get a gemtech.. grr...)

Policetacteam
2 October 2010, 12:31
Very interested as well. They are sexy though! Nice pics too!!

rob_s
2 October 2010, 15:22
Any updates on this? Any significant impact on muzzle climb?

John Hwang
2 October 2010, 23:36
Looks like a shorter version of the Saylor Machine flash hiders with a little cut out on the bottom. We had some designed a few years back but never produced them.

http://www.rainierarms.com/img/shop/product/1e3d95e017dfbf6309a8c154ac79f615.jpg

TripleBravo
4 October 2010, 08:14
Any updates on this? Any significant impact on muzzle climb?

I put several hundred rounds through a 12.5" 1:8 twist barrel the other day with the "1N8" attached. To me, it did noticeably reduce muzzle climb. However, I don't think it beats a Triple Tap or Battlecomp in that regard. I'm more interested to see it's effect on accuracy due to the twist rate of the ports. I'm hoping to test this claim out in the very near future.

(edit: pic added)

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww189/wjt1169/HDR%20images/YHMandMicoronBAR01.jpg

Wondering Beard
4 October 2010, 10:57
How does it do with flash?

TripleBravo
22 December 2010, 14:50
Just got back from the range where I actually got to shoot some in addition to my teaching responsibilities.

I had the Micor 1N8 (again mounted on a stainless steel carbine length gas system 12.5 inch barrel) and two Battle Comp 1.5s mounted on 14.5 inch mid-length gas system barrels. The Battle Comps are very impressive, but I've got to say that the Micor did a really good job too. I'm not sure if I shot with my eyes closed that I'd be able to tell them apart if somebody switched the rifles in my hands. Granted it was kind of an apples and oranges test with the two different barrels, but I would have expected a 14.5 inch mid-length to already have an edge on a 12.5 inch carbine barrel as far as muzzle rise. (I should say that all three lowers were set up the same with mil-spec carbine springs and ST-T2 buffers.) Certainly I need to get more scientific about it, but strictly from a "how does it feel" standpoint, I'm even more imipressed with the Micor now than I was originally.

I still haven't had a chance to set up testing for the improvement on accuracy claim. I may attempt that by switching between a standard flash hider and the 1N7 on the same rifle with a chrome lined 1:7 twist barrel. The stainless 1:8 twist barrels that I've been using are so accurate to begin with that I'm not sure any difference could be measureable.

I was working with four higher speed Police shooters today who were using Department issued Colt 6920's with 16" carbine length barrels and standard flash hiders. They all got an opportunity to shoot both the Micor set up and the two Battle Comp set ups. I think all four were looking at their Colt set ups a little differently by day's end.

Aragorn
22 December 2010, 19:29
I've been running a PWS FSC and have been looking to make a switch to either the micor or the BC. I'm still torn between the two but now may be leaning towards the micor. Which would you recommend for a 16" middy?

Thank you for posting this!

TripleBravo
23 December 2010, 07:18
I've been running a PWS FSC and have been looking to make a switch to either the micor or the BC. I'm still torn between the two but now may be leaning towards the micor. Which would you recommend for a 16" middy?

Thank you for posting this!

If I had to make a choice between the two I'd go with the Battle Comp....I predict you'll be very impressed.

HeavyDuty
23 December 2010, 09:20
I'd be more interested in the Micor if it would take a 14.5" to 16.1". I think I'll stick with the Saylors Machine Phoenix.

Aragorn
23 December 2010, 10:30
If I had to make a choice between the two I'd go with the Battle Comp....I predict you'll be very impressed.

I've shot the BC and it was an amazing break. I had actually decided on that until I read how good the micor was working for you. Especially given it being a FS.

Paulo_Santos
23 December 2010, 12:27
I really like the price of the Micor compared to the other muzzle devices out there.

Aragorn
23 December 2010, 12:53
Agreed. You can get one in titanium and still be 50$ under a BC 1.0

HeavyDuty
30 December 2010, 23:23
Now that I rethought my current build and am going with a 16" instead of a 14.5", I think I'm going to give one of these a try.

Aragorn
9 January 2011, 21:04
I got to test one out today for the first time. It was surprising to say the least. I was shooting it off a 16" middy next to a 16" carbine wearing a PWS FSC. The ammo we were shooting (Silver Bear 62 gr. and Tula 55 gr.) honestly made more of a difference in recoil and muzzle control than the muzzle devices did. The breaking effect was that good. Conditions outside were around freezing and it was snowing, so it was pretty overcast. While not exactly low light conditions, the PWS still had visible flash. The Micor had none, which I found impressive considering we were shooting Russian ammo.

The PWS FSC is the device I had mounted prior to the Micor, and after making the switch, the largest difference between the two was the lack of flash and blast with the Micor.

I didn't get an opportunity to accuracy test it as we were mostly doing action and vehicle drills, but even if it does nothing to promote/improve accuracy I'll still consider this a stellar muzzle treatment.

BlackWidow
10 January 2011, 19:55
I have not, but plan to run a BC soon. I did get to run both the 1/7 and 1/9 Micors, and they did a great job. Would recommend them to anyone.

HeavyDuty
15 January 2011, 13:27
Out of curiosity, any idea of the reason for the notch at the bottom front? I assume it serves some purpose.

Aragorn
15 January 2011, 13:42
From Micor's website.

"Provisions have also been made to attach a blank firing adapter or a noise suppressor currently fielded by the U.S. military if the user so chooses."

I'm assuming the notch is that provision.

HeavyDuty
15 January 2011, 14:49
Didn't even think of that!

TripleBravo
16 January 2011, 22:14
Out of curiosity, any idea of the reason for the notch at the bottom front? I assume it serves some purpose.

It's compatible with a KAC sound suppressor.

TripleBravo
16 January 2011, 22:17
Aragorn...glad to hear you were impressed...I thought you'd like it.