PDA

View Full Version : How many people love their Magpul UBR?

Tactical Ninja
23 July 2010, 09:01
I have had my UBR stock for well over 2 years now and have patiently been waiting for Mapul to release the strike plate. I got excited when I noticed it on there website with a coming soon sign. Today I checked the website like I do everyday and it is gone from there site. This is very displeasing to me as I am a Magpul whore and buy just about everything they make to deck out my rifles. I just wanted to speak my frustration and anger that it looks like Magpul won't be releasing a strike plate for this stock, and was just curious to know if anyone felt the same way? Or am I getting bent out of shape over a little piece of metal?

[bash]

Stickman
23 July 2010, 10:53
You are getting bent out of shape for nothing. The UBR is more than capable of butt strokes without the metal plate, but to be honest, I've found muzzle strikes to be much more effective in real life.

I'm not sure its been canceled, they might be simply cleaning up the website and pulling it until its in production status.

TehLlama
23 July 2010, 11:00
There's more demand for an ASAP-like 1-pt ambi sling mount on it, but I'm sure MagPul isn't done with developing the UBR.
And FWIW, I've quite successfully driven a UBR through multiple sheets of drywall with a buttstroke, and muzzle poked through the same (stock extended), so its durability isn't in question for me anymore.

Tactical Ninja
25 July 2010, 09:20
I guess it is more or less the looks of the strike plate. My UBR stock is very durable, and I wouldn't hesitate to smack someone with it. Everything from magpul is solid in my opinion. The strike plate was just more of a wan't not need situation.

Stickman
25 July 2010, 12:09
Like I said, I wouldn't rule it out, but what would I know. [BD]

TehLlama
26 July 2010, 18:27
I just spotted a strike plate of some sort on the M4C EE...

ETA: it's one of these
http://www.valkyrietactical.com/product_info.php?products_id=1682&osCsid=6424ccf738dd608ae7873f73d596ad13

Stickman
26 July 2010, 20:43
I'll wait.

Army Chief
27 July 2010, 04:00
Uh, why do I need a strike plate again?

AC

Tactical Ninja
16 August 2010, 23:23
It's nice that someone other than magpul decided to make a strike plate for the ubr but I feel the jager strike plate is a little overkill. I like the magpul design because it didn't really protrude very much at the bottom it was just enough. It's a possiblity though if I really feel the need to have one and magpul doesn't release one. Thanks for the info TehLlama!

Tactical Ninja
16 August 2010, 23:57
This was the picture I saw of the UBR Strike plate, that was taken by STICKMAN.

http://a.imageshack.us/img836/5402/ubraluminumstrikeplate.jpg

This one from Jager is a little too much!

http://a.imageshack.us/img843/940/jagerubraluminumstrikep.jpg

Tactical Ninja
17 August 2010, 00:08
Not saying you need a strike plate. Just saying I wouldn't mind having one.

The-S
17 August 2010, 03:01
tactical ninja + strike plate = mall ninja :)

Tactical Ninja
17 August 2010, 17:42
Not a big fan of the mall!

Tactical Ninja
25 August 2010, 14:09
Broke down and bought one of these Jager Strike Plates.