PDA

View Full Version : SHOT SHOW and related new items

Stickman
31 January 2008, 16:54
We may as well get a thread started to discuss new items that will be released at SHOT. I know that some people are already getting calls from the floor of SHOT as people are setting up their booths.

Off the top of my head, I think the Magpul Masada/ Bushmaster ACR venture will be one of the most talked about things.

In the way of new items, we should be seeing a variety of new mounts come onto the market. I can think of 2 or 3 that I expect to see, but I have already heard of another one which I hadn't expected. The influx of quality mounts should be an asset to us consumers.

TigerStripe
31 January 2008, 18:21
We may as well get a thread started to discuss new items that will be released at SHOT. I know that some people are already getting calls from the floor of SHOT as people are setting up their booths.

Off the top of my head, I think the Magpul Masada/ Bushmaster ACR venture will be one of the most talked about things.

That's an incredible understatement... I want pics & news.... [:D]

Stickman
31 January 2008, 18:49
That's an incredible understatement... I want pics & news.... [:D]

I tend to agree as well. I think its an outstanding idea on the part of both companies involved. Magpul designed the weapon, will produce parts for it, and will continue to develop accessories. Bushmaster has gone over the specs and will put it into production using the specifications that Magpul developed the weapon with, and with the support of Magpul.

Bushmaster wins.

Magpul wins.

We win.

TigerStripe
31 January 2008, 23:58
I tend to agree as well. I think its an outstanding idea on the part of both companies involved. Magpul designed the weapon, will produce parts for it, and will continue to develop accessories. Bushmaster has gone over the specs and will put it into production using the specifications that Magpul developed the weapon with, and with the support of Magpul.

Bushmaster wins.

Magpul wins.

We win.

Agreed. Where's the front of the line???

TS

Stickman
1 February 2008, 08:55
Agreed. Where's the front of the line???

TS

Good question, I'm not sure if Bushmaster is going to pickup new dealers, or allow the existing Magpul dealers to become involved. I think the smarter move for everyone would be allowing existing Magpul dealers to get into the program, but I can understand why Bushmaster may shy away from it.

Stickman
2 February 2008, 08:22
A stack of new items found in the new Magpul catalog.

http://www.magpul.com/pdfs/2008catalog.pdf

We've got a guide written up for the Magpul XTM panels at the below link.

MAGPUL XTM PANEL GUIDE (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248)

The Magpul MOE lineup looks to be promising, especially for budget minded people or companies looking to outfit complete weapons.

The Magpul Back Up Sights (MBUS) may be the highlight for a lot of people. The idea of getting a decent set of BUIS for their weapon without spending a small fortune should have great appeal.

Hawkeye
2 February 2008, 10:28
I for one am very excited about the ACR. I just cant understand all the angst that has been shown elsewhere.

parabellum
2 February 2008, 13:50
FDE BOBRO?

when does that come out?

Loving the standard black BOBRO

I want a short one too, because I'm shooting weak-side thumb, but will probably go with black

Stickman
2 February 2008, 23:40
According to Bobro, FDE VFG are not in the works due to material issues. If there isn't FDE material available, I don't think we will see it for awhile....

Stickman
2 February 2008, 23:42
We have updated the new accessories section with some of the new items that are being released at SHOT 08.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

TigerStripe
3 February 2008, 17:22
Tell Richard that I hate PDF's... They just need to itemize all that stuff on their site... From what I can tell there are some neat items this year.

TS

jeffy
4 February 2008, 11:26
I'm interested in the Magpul ACS. ACS seems to have flown under everyones radar with everyone's gone crazy over the UBR.

Do they have samples you can take some pics of?

Mike91A
4 February 2008, 19:32
Is this temporary. Can't read any descriptions or see details in pics. All this new stuff and I am still waiting for a production UBR ( not a comlaint, just amazing at the speed that new products emerge ). Not a craze but an upgrade to the two 93Bs I have. More streem lined.

4 February 2008, 19:56
Good that Troy is offering the no mod drop-in FF rail. I like to know how tough it is compared to the DD Omega.

4 February 2008, 19:59
And I got to get that DD rifle length Omega.:P

Stickman
5 February 2008, 00:26
I'm interested in the Magpul ACS. ACS seems to have flown under everyones radar with everyone's gone crazy over the UBR.

Do they have samples you can take some pics of?

I do not have any pictures of it, nor do I have a model to take pictures of. Once I do, I will post them.

jeffy
5 February 2008, 11:17
I do not have any pictures of it, nor do I have a model to take pictures of. Once I do, I will post them.

Thanks Stick

5 February 2008, 16:18
Stickman, any idea when the rifle length DD Omega rail will be available? Thanks.

John Hwang
5 February 2008, 21:55
We were fortunate to have dinner with the gang at DD this evening (thank you again Marty & crew) and found out that 1500 Omega carbines are being run as we speak. It shouldn't be more than a few weeks at this point.

parabellum
6 February 2008, 01:15
We were fortunate to have dinner with the gang at DD this evening (thank you again Marty & crew) and found out that 1500 Omega carbines are being run as we speak. It shouldn't be more than a few weeks at this point.

Hooray! Thank you very much for the update.

Stickman
6 February 2008, 09:13
Rifle length should be out shortly, and midlength is coming up in the near future as well.

SHIHAN
6 February 2008, 16:49
Any idea when the new Magpul rail covers will be released?

John Hwang
6 February 2008, 21:08
Good that Troy is offering the no mod drop-in FF rail. I like to know how tough it is compared to the DD Omega.

It mounts on the delta ring then the upper rail and lower rail are clamped together with allen screws. The attachment method isn't as strong as the DD rail but seems strong enough for most applications.

Stickman
7 February 2008, 07:55
Any idea when the new Magpul rail covers will be released?

You should have come out there, it would have been good to meet you. The XTM look like the molds are made, and I am guessing we will see them pretty soon in full production.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20II/IMG_0450%201028%20Stick.jpg

SHIHAN
7 February 2008, 14:37
You should have come out there, it would have been good to meet you. The XTM look like the molds are made, and I am guessing we will see them pretty soon in full production.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20II/IMG_0450%201028%20Stick.jpg

Yes we would of had a good time. I have a training seminar im teaching at in a week and had to save my back for it as all the walking would have killed me.

BRD Jerm
7 February 2008, 17:06
any word on when the P-Mag Ranger Plates will be available?

Stickman
7 February 2008, 17:48
My guess is March/ April, but its just a guess on my part.

sonrider657
12 February 2008, 17:50
In the way of new items, we should be seeing a variety of new mounts come onto the market. I can think of 2 or 3 that I expect to see, but I have already heard of another one which I hadn't expected. The influx of quality mounts should be an asset to us consumers.

Any new flashlight mounts?

Stickman
12 February 2008, 19:12

Not that I can think of right now.

John Hwang
12 February 2008, 19:44

VLTOR has a new offset mount but I don't recall seeing it at Shot. We'll get some pictures up as soon as we can.

TigerStripe
12 February 2008, 23:26
VLTOR has a new offset mount but I don't recall seeing it at Shot. We'll get some pictures up as soon as we can.

I'd like to see it as well.

TS

markm
14 February 2008, 10:36
Great job on the pics in the Magpul catalogue, Stick.

I just got my copies last night.

Stickman
14 February 2008, 17:17
Thankyou.