PDA

View Full Version : AFG-2

Hatter
2 August 2010, 12:20
Ok... we all know that Magpul doesn't give release dates... however, I'm still trying to find out if the AFG-2 is available.

To fit the AFG and XTM rail panels on my LMT MRP I had to take some material off the XTM's with a die grinder. Although not terrible it doesn't lend itself to quick modification and the AFG is still pretty tight in the un-modified panels.

Thoughts!?

Thanks!

Paulo_Santos
2 August 2010, 12:29
I can fit the AFG on my MRP with the Tangodown covers. It is tight, but it works. Not a big fan of the AFG for a couple of reasons. Id like to try the new one because I heard it is slimmer and is friendlier to mount lights, which is the biggest problem with the AFG.

Hatter
2 August 2010, 17:09
Yeah, I got the TangoDown covers with my rifle but wasn't a big fan. I went to the XTM's and they're just a little too long where the front of the AFG is wider. Rather than take down the AFG I went after the XTM's which worked fairly well but makes any changes to my accessories extremely limited.

I mounted the Surefire E2DL off the front of the rail just ahead of the AFG on the lower rail using a Gear Sector offset mount. With it just off to the left in front of the AFG i can work it perfectly with my left thumb and it isn't in the sight picture of my optic. Not to mention Gear Sector gives the best customer service I've encountered.

Paulo_Santos
2 August 2010, 18:36
Those Gear Sector light mounts are sweet.