PDA

View Full Version : Omega X 9.0 installation help needed.

gunner1
7 August 2010, 18:08
I'm assembling parts for my upper build. I already have the 16" BCM SS410 Ionbond barrel, upper receiver, BCM auto BCG, gas tube and Daniel Defense low profile gas block. On order I have DD Omega x 9.0 rail handguards and a Battle Comp compensator. Can I send the barrel and comp out to have the comp permanently attached before I install the DD rails, or do they have to be attached first?

AR-10
7 August 2010, 18:31
You're going to need the Omega X barrel nut before you do anything.

The barrel nut and gas block have to be on the barrel before you attach the muzzle device.

Build the upper first, then send it out to have the comp pinned to your barrel.

gunner1
7 August 2010, 18:40
You're going to need the Omega X barrel nut before you do anything.

The barrel nut and gas block have to be on the barrel before you attach the muzzle device.

Build the upper first, then send it out to have the comp pinned to your barrel.

Ok, that's what I'll do then. DO you know of any online instructions or videos that show the installation of the Omega X's? I have seen instructions for the regelar DD here and on Brownells but nothing for the X's.

AR-10
7 August 2010, 18:49
Sorry, I don't know of any but you might check around on youtube.

After looking at the Omega X components, it looks like you assemble everything as usual - but you're going to need a special wrench for the new barrel nut.

The two halves of the handguard will simply clamp around the new barrel nut after everything else has been put on.

Duffy
8 August 2010, 12:11
When you install it, be sure the four set screws that fix the hand guard to the DD barrel nut do NOT line up with the notches on the barrel nut.

This is before I further tightened and rotated the barrel nut, notice where the screws were tightening against, they were only half seated.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/screwsagainstwrenchnotches.jpg

Before (left) and after (right), I tightened the barrel nut a little more, otherwise the set screws would be only half anchored against the DD barrel nut. It's not easy to tell from the pics, in the right picture, the barrel nut has been rotated clock wise a little more.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/Omegabeforeandafter.jpg

2ATA
9 August 2010, 06:57
I'm curious, why are you choosing to pin the comp on a 16" barrel?

Paulo_Santos
9 August 2010, 07:08
I'm curious, why are you choosing to pin the comp on a 16" barrel?

Most likely lives in a ban state.

gunner1
9 August 2010, 13:14
Most likely lives in a ban state.

Correct, I live in NY. If you don't have a preban lower receiver, the comp has tp be permanently attached. Oh, and NO flash hiders, bayo lugs or collapsible stocks either!