PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Dimpling front of gas block

eclowntree
11 August 2010, 14:30
Like to get peoples opinion about this im contemplating having it done....do people like it does it do anything or just for looks thanks

E

Optimus Prime
11 August 2010, 21:49
I'm guessing you mean like on the KAC PDW (http://www.knightarmco.com/pdw.html)? In theory it gives the barrel more surface area and aids in cooling.

Paulo_Santos
12 August 2010, 10:00
Personally, I'd rather get a fluted barrel over a dimpled one. Personal preference.

Mute
14 August 2010, 15:57
Are you talking about the dimpling to attach a low profile gas block?

federalist22
14 August 2010, 18:58
Are you talking about the dimpling to attach a low profile gas block?

If this, then Rainier has a tool, or you can do it manually.

lmtrocks
31 August 2010, 13:17
Pretty sure he's talking about the barrel dimpling offered at ADCO. Mentioning about visual appeal....your gas block dimpling would never be seen. I like the look myself and have thought about getting it done on my Grendel or my 762x39 scoped rifle which is slightly heavier than I like...

markm
1 September 2010, 19:31
I can't stand it just on the gay factor. It's just WRONG!

devinsdad
9 September 2010, 20:56
The dimpling is just the latest look. Like cars, people do anything just to look just a bit different than the guy on the next lane. I personally like it. In fact I was on the verge of having it done by ADCO until I really thought about it. I am however, sending my 11.5" there to get 6 flutes cut under the handguard. While I like the HB, it could stand to be on a diet. The dimpling, while removing some of the weight, would not be as efficient as the flutes. And since it's under the handguard......who cares. If you like the look, do it. I guarentee you'll get a million questions about it.