PDA

View Full Version : Mag Grip - Dual Magazine Holder Question

Tactical Ninja
17 August 2010, 02:17
Was curious if anyone know if these will fit the new smoother profile PMAG or is it for the more aggressive older style PMAG?

http://a.imageshack.us/img188/2974/maggrippmag.jpg

Tactical Ninja
17 August 2010, 02:18
Also if you had two of these would you be able to clamp more than two mags together? If so a picture of three clamped together would be nice if it isn't to much trouble. Wanted to get some from Rainier Arms. Just needed to know if I should buy two or one.

m24shooter
17 August 2010, 06:34
It will work with the newer mags. I've got some pics and I thought I did a thread on this several months ago but I can't find it.
Give me a little while to look for them and I'll post them.
As for three mags together, I wouldn't do it. I think it would work, because you could stagger the mags enough to work. But the lips of the second mag are going to be on level with the rail and the third mag will be above that. It will be heavy, bulky, and I think awkward. It is going to be a large obstacle to any support side manipulations that you would need to do, and it could interfere with some optics and mounts.

Tactical Ninja
17 August 2010, 17:27
can these mags not be clamped together side by side?

m24shooter
17 August 2010, 19:26
Absolutely. The problem would be that the empty mag would obstruct the ejection port.

Tactical Ninja
17 August 2010, 21:13
The main reason I wanted to know is because I wanted to use it for my SIG 556 SBR.

m24shooter
19 August 2010, 06:51
I replied to this earlier but I don't know what happened to it.
On the AR series, the magazines can block/interferewith the ejection and ejection port cover if they weren't staggered.
On the SIG I don't know. Ejection looks like it would be ok.