PDA

View Full Version : IMPACT WEAPONS COMPONENTS- Mount-N-Slot Direct Attach Mounts Discussion

MOUNT-N-SLOT
22 August 2010, 21:59
Hi Everyone,

Impact Weapons Components will be releasing a version of our SNAP HOOK MOUNT-N-SLOT brand Direct Attach Mount made especially for the TROY / VTAC / JPI / MI / PRI round hand guards in 1.75" & 2.0" OD's with slots or holes, specificially designed to attach the Magpul MS2 & MS3 Slings within the next 4 - six weeks.

Here's a link to our current version designed for the Magpul MOE, and Bushmaster ACR hand guards with SLOTS:

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/flash.html

The MOUNT-N-SLOT will be at our usual high quality, ultra light, simple, attach without removing the hand guard, ergonomic, and come with the necessary tool, all for $29.95 + $3.95 S+H.

Quib will have a sample to add to his review this week.

Sorry... we DO NOT make mounts for rails. We're MOUNT-N-SLOT.. we mount in slots and holes.

Thanks,

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Quib
23 August 2010, 03:40
IMPACT WEAPONS COMPONENTS- Mount-N-Slot Direct Attach Mounts Current Reviews at:

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?2500-IMPACT-WEAPONS-COMPONENTS-Mount-N-Slot-Direct-Attach-Mounts

rob_s
23 August 2010, 08:58
I like the concept here
http://store.impactweaponscomponents.com/mosnho.html
but most people would prefer an interface for the HK snap hook to be horizontal and not vertical.

Any chance of you all making mounts/hand-stops for the Troy Extreme series of tubes?

MOUNT-N-SLOT
23 August 2010, 11:58
Hi Rob_S,

Thanks for the compliment; we like the concept and market we're in as well. Why spend $100 minimum for a drop-in rail that doesn't free float the barrel, then more for mounts, rail covers, which add weight, width and part complexity, while spending more money than you would if you can get a MOE and our gear and accomplish the same function for way less?

Our SNAP HOOK MOUNT-N-SLOT brand Direct Attach Mount was primarily designed to accept the Magpul MS2 & MS3 Slings, at less cost than any other mount and a bolt on rail section, with the additional benefits we list on the site. The SNAP HOOK MOUNT-N-SLOT also accepts the HK snap hook, by rotating the MOUNT counter-clockwise, which puts the loop in the same orientation as IWC's new SCAR sling attach points. Yes, this does place a 1/4 turn in the sling which some users may not care for. We may make a dedicated HK MOUNT-N-SLOT in the future if demand warrants.

We are making attachments for the Round Tubular hand guards. Quib will announce our first one exclusively here on WEAPON EVOLUTION in the next week. Stay tuned for more info.

Thanks again for posting,

MOUNT-N-SLOT

HeavyDuty
23 August 2010, 18:46
Rob, I have one of the MOUNT-N-SLOT loops and am trying it out on my MOE handguard. I use HK hooks too, and it works well attached to the top rail hanging over the side - very much like how Magpul has been showing the RSA. No sling twist and it's up out of the way how I prefer - it's a gorgeous piece of machining that mounts up tight. I'll get some pics up in the next day or so.

rob_s
23 August 2010, 19:04
Rob, I have one of the MOUNT-N-SLOT loops and am trying it out on my MOE handguard. I use HK hooks too, and it works well attached to the top rail hanging over the side - very much like how Magpul has been showing the RSA. No sling twist and it's up out of the way how I prefer - it's a gorgeous piece of machining that mounts up tight. I'll get some pics up in the next day or so.

Interesting idea. I'd love to see a pic or two.

Quib
24 August 2010, 17:11
Quib will announce our first one exclusively here on WEAPON EVOLUTION in the next week. Stay tuned for more info.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Looking forward to it! [:)]

HeavyDuty
4 September 2010, 07:26
I like the concept here
http://store.impactweaponscomponents.com/mosnho.html
but most people would prefer an interface for the HK snap hook to be horizontal and not vertical.

Any chance of you all making mounts/hand-stops for the Troy Extreme series of tubes?

Rob, it took longer than a few days but here you are:

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac123/HDF62/AGP-22-2.jpg
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac123/HDF62/AGP-22-3.jpg
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac123/HDF62/AGP-22-4.jpg

I've been scaring the dogs with this rig for the last week or so since I haven't been able to get away for trigger time. I very much like how the weapon hangs and mounts using the Mount-N-Slot in this position with an ASAP on the rear. As a side benefit it frees up precious carbine handguard space - to me, a carbine HG is barely big enough as it is and moving the sling point to the top rail makes a lot of sense.

Quib
4 September 2010, 08:38
Nice set-up HD!

Per my recent email from IWC, I should have three new products up for review here in short order......

HeavyDuty
4 September 2010, 08:54
Looking forward to it! Earl has been coming out with a lot of innovative products in a very short time.

Quib
4 September 2010, 08:59
Looking forward to it! Earl has been coming out with a lot of innovative products in a very short time.

Yes Sir he sure has.

I've personally inspected some of his R&D pieces. As I've said before......I look forward to the future, and what IWC brings to the market!

rob_s
4 September 2010, 11:25
Thanks for the pics HD.

Quib
5 September 2010, 10:25
My review has been revised with the addition of IMPACT WEAPONS COMPONENTS soon to be released QD / Rotation Limited Sling Mounts, designed for the Troy TRX and VTAC Extreme Hand Guards.

The new versions of the bi-pod mount, as well as the sling mount, will be added shortly.

Quib
6 September 2010, 15:28
The IWC review has been updated to include the New Version II Bipod Mount.

Quib
7 September 2010, 18:31
Review updated with Version II sling mount differences.

rob_s
13 September 2010, 03:53
I'd like to see them do a handstop/VFG that matched the curve of the Troy tubes as well. Something that starts life bigger than the KAC, Gear Sector, and other stops out there but that can be cut down by the user to tune it to the size needed. Plastic would be preferable to metal.

HeavyDuty
13 September 2010, 05:31
I received one of IWC's new QD mounts for the Troy TRX-E handguard for T&E a few days ago.

Construction and finishing is typical IWC - it fits perfectly and has a flawless finish. I mounted it in the side cooling hole closest to the barrel nut on my 13" rail; the supplied installation tool was plenty long to easily reach and there are no clearance issues inside the handguard. It locked up solidly; for some reason I was expecting a much larger accessory. As expected it does have
rotation limiters.

I'm impressed enough that I'm going to finish this carbine out in all QD. Nicely done, IWC!

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac123/HDF62/MNS-TRXE-QD-1.jpg
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac123/HDF62/MNS-TRXE-QD-2.jpg
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac123/HDF62/MNS-TRXE-QD-3.jpg

Quib
13 September 2010, 07:04
That's good to hear HD, nice pics too!

ETA: Did you receive with the mount, the install instructions outlined in my review?

HeavyDuty
13 September 2010, 08:31
No, it's pre-production (I think) in a MOE part box. But I did have the benefit of your post.

Quib
13 September 2010, 10:08
No, it's pre-production (I think) in a MOE part box. But I did have the benefit of your post.

Ok, I was just curious if your packaging contained instructions.

I wrote those install instructions at the request of IWC, and was wondering if the new mounts were already shipping with the new packaging and instructions.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
13 September 2010, 20:10
I'd like to see them do a handstop/VFG that matched the curve of the Troy tubes as well. Something that starts life bigger than the KAC, Gear Sector, and other stops out there but that can be cut down by the user to tune it to the size needed. Plastic would be preferable to metal.

Hi Rob_S,

PM me an address so i can send you a prototype of the hand stop for you to review, critically please, seriously, we want to know what to improve.

One is out with someone now, and when they're done with it, I'll have it sent to you.

Thanks!

MOUNT-N-SLOT

MOUNT-N-SLOT
13 September 2010, 22:48
Ok, I was just curious if your packaging contained instructions.

I wrote those install instructions at the request of IWC, and was wondering if the new mounts were already shipping with the new packaging and instructions.

Hi Quib,

IWC really appreciates the instructions you wrote for us. They're simple, to the point. I've emailed them to five customers who needed a production part before the packaging with your instructions were ready and they all replied with a big thanks to IWC for going the extra step and providing them.

So the part that you and HeavyDuty received were from the same production lot, the first one. But we sent them in MOE packaging.

Starting today, all orders to customers and a few of the prototype parts for TROY / VTAC round fore ends we sent to be evaluated in the field by LEO / FBI users have the instructions.

It will be fun to hear what people think when they receive the packaging. Not sure if the loyal fans of IWC have noticed, but we're moving quicker than most companies in launching new products. It does not mean we're cutting corners on testing or eval, to get the perfect blend of cost, function, price and value. It means that our products were envisioned at the start and a lot of the materials are used across all products.

Simplicity in design is our motto. KISS... WHat's needed.

SO IWC's direct customer packaging is a perfect example of KISS. I'll explain. We wanted to be able to put up to four products in one box for one customer. So the flap the parts are bolted to have pre-cut perfs to secure up to four parts to the package. Next, there's a border of solid black around the printed MOE instructions. So we could have peel & crack labels printed with new instructions for new products if necessary, without having to re-print the box. We ran 10K of the boxes to achieve the price point we needed to maintain $3.95 to our customers. In this price, we allowed for a separate label, and a few poly bags for hardware if needed. It's a waste to reprint a box when a lable does the same thing for a fraction of the price, and looks like the same MOE box. Next time you go to a gun shop... look at other's packaging. I spent a year in Jensen's in Loveland, CO watching and learning at least an hour every other day.

In response to Rob_S post about plastic Hand Stops... We'll make a version out of Delrin so users can customize it.

Stay tuned... We've got some AWESOME stuff coming... 30+ SKUS in the next 8 weeks... All fit in the MOE box. Four boxes fit in the USPS First Class Shipping Box...

KISS... SImplicity. Reliability. Low-Cost...

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Quib
14 September 2010, 07:29
Hi Quib,

IWC really appreciates the instructions you wrote for us. They're simple, to the point. I've emailed them to five customers who needed a production part before the packaging with your instructions were ready and they all replied with a big thanks to IWC for going the extra step and providing them.

So the part that you and HeavyDuty received were from the same production lot, the first one. But we sent them in MOE packaging.

Starting today, all orders to customers and a few of the prototype parts for TROY / VTAC round fore ends we sent to be evaluated in the field by LEO / FBI users have the instructions.

Sounds good. I look forward to seeing how the new packaging looks!

Wondering Beard
14 September 2010, 13:12
Could the plastic insertion tool be used to mount pieces of rail on the Troy Extreme handguards without having to take the whole handguard off?

Quib
14 September 2010, 14:29
Could the plastic insertion tool be used to mount pieces of rail on the Troy Extreme handguards without having to take the whole handguard off?

Sections of rail from another Mfgr?

The insertion tool was designed by IWC strictly for placement of their weld nut.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?2500-IMPACT-WEAPONS-COMPONENTS-Mount-N-Slot-Direct-Attach-Mounts/page2

http://quib.weaponevolution.com/TV%20Mount%20Parts%20Listing.JPG

Wondering Beard
14 September 2010, 14:44
Sections of rail from another Mfgr?

The insertion tool was designed by IWC strictly for placement of their weld nut.

That's what I was wondering about.

I have no idea what screws and nuts are used to put on the small sections of rails on the Troy Extreme but I wondered if there was any compatibility.

It would great if IWC could adapt their system that way. I was tempted to acquire one because of the weight and diameter of the rail, but the impossibility to move accessories around as I figured out what worked for me turned me off; especially since I'm not handy with such installations, nor have the necessary tools .

Quib
14 September 2010, 14:47
What particular type of rail were you considering?

Wondering Beard
14 September 2010, 15:07
There are different rail pieces for the TroyVTAC Extreme?

Or do you ask about the length of the rail piece?

If it's the latter, I don't have a preference.

Quib
14 September 2010, 15:12
I was just curious if you had a particular brand of rail you were considering.

Wondering Beard
14 September 2010, 15:21
I assume you are asking about what brand of rail pieces, since we are talking about affixing them to a VTAC Extreme; It's been a long day and I'm easily confused [BD] so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you.

I didn't know there were different brand of rail pieces so I would have no idea about which brand to choose.

In terms of using the IWC insertion tool, is there any brand that is more compatible than another?

Quib
14 September 2010, 15:35
I assume you are asking about what brand of rail pieces, since we are talking about affixing them to a VTAC Extreme; It's been a long day and I'm easily confused [BD] so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you.

I didn't know there were different brand of rail pieces so I would have no idea about which brand to choose.

In terms of using the IWC insertion tool, is there any brand that is more compatible than another?

LOL.....no problem, it's been a long day for me as well.

I do not think anyone out there that makes accessory rails for this type of installation, uses an insertion tool such as IWC.

The instructions for the JP rail kind of leave it up to the installer to find something suitable to hold things in place during install......http://www.jprifles.com/instructions/Rifle/JPTR.pdf

Wondering Beard
14 September 2010, 16:11
Oh Well.

It would be cool if IWC could find a way to make rail mounting on such handguards as easy as they do with their own products but I seem to remember that their website said that they're not into rails.

HeavyDuty
14 September 2010, 19:02
I have a two foot piece of 1/8" dowel that I use to install rails on my 13" TRX-E. I put a little piece of double sided foam tape at one end, stick the backing nut to it and cuss until it's done.

Quib
14 September 2010, 19:16
I have a two foot piece of 1/8" dowel that I use to install rails on my 13" TRX-E. I put a little piece of double sided foam tape at one end, stick the backing nut to it and cuss until it's done.

That'll work!

A few months back I was watching a couple mechanics at work struggling with trying to get a GPS antenna doubler down the inside of the horizontal stabilizer of an EC145. The strand of safety wire they had wrapped around the doubler wasn't cutting it, and they weren't giving up on the idea.

I grabbed a 3' long section of aluminum extrusion, doubled up some masking tape and stuck that to the extrusion, stuck the doubler to the tape, and fed it down inside the stab, holding it up against the skin for them to install the antenna mounting hardware from the outside.

LOL......They both shook their heads...."Why the hell didn't we think of that!"

MOUNT-N-SLOT
14 September 2010, 23:40
Oh Well.

It would be cool if IWC could find a way to make rail mounting on such handguards as easy as they do with their own products but I seem to remember that their website said that they're not into rails.

I'll do some research by Thursday and post a solution... stay tuned!!!

Wondering Beard
15 September 2010, 08:17
I'll do some research by Thursday and post a solution... stay tuned!!!

I most certainly will! [:D]

MOUNT-N-SLOT
16 September 2010, 18:56
I most certainly will! [:D]

PM me with a shipping address and I'll sent you the tool necessary to mount the TROY RAIL SECTION on the Hand Guard without removing it.

No Charge... Glad to help.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Wondering Beard
17 September 2010, 08:50
PM sent

MOUNT-N-SLOT
18 September 2010, 04:14
IWC will add SureFire Illumination Tools to our site, and begin offering them in a package with our extensive line of LIGHT MOUNT-N-SLOT brand Direct Attach Mounts.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

rob_s
18 September 2010, 05:09
IWC will add SureFire Illumination Tools to our site, and begin offering them in a package with our extensive line of LIGHT MOUNT-N-SLOT brand Direct Attach Mounts.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

I like the sound of this. I was just looking at my mini Scout the other day and thinking I could bolt it to the slot on my Troy VTAC tube without the mount. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Shocktroop0351
25 October 2010, 18:19
Hey guys, while searching for picatinny rail bipod adapters, I came across this site and the review by Quib of IWC's products. So first off, thanks for that nice review Quib, and on to my question. I have a 9"-13" Harris bipod of the non-cant, non-traversing type that I would like to put onto my AR. If I get the "MOUNT-N-SLOT™ Bipod Mount-V2 (http://store.impactweaponscomponents.com/mobimo1.html)" and mount my non-traversing bipod onto it will that allow me to traverse without moving my bipod legs? OR does the bipod suck up to the bottom of the mount as in mounting onto a stock, so then it wouldn't move once tightened?

Quib
28 November 2010, 08:42
Hey guys, while searching for picatinny rail bipod adapters, I came across this site and the review by Quib of IWC's products. So first off, thanks for that nice review Quib, and on to my question. I have a 9"-13" Harris bipod of the non-cant, non-traversing type that I would like to put onto my AR. If I get the "MOUNT-N-SLOT™ Bipod Mount-V2 (http://store.impactweaponscomponents.com/mobimo1.html)" and mount my non-traversing bipod onto it will that allow me to traverse without moving my bipod legs? OR does the bipod suck up to the bottom of the mount as in mounting onto a stock, so then it wouldn't move once tightened?

I'm a bit late here in responding, I totally missed this post until today.....I apologize for that oversight.

Mounting of a non-traversing bi-pod to the IWC V2 bi-pod mount, will not give the bi-pod the ability to traverse.

Thanks for the comments regarding my review of IWC's products, I'm glad to read you found my review informative. Again I apologize for missing this post.......Welcome to Weapon Evolution.

DM1975
13 December 2010, 13:21
I will be using the sling mount and bipod mount on my TRX-E rail on my new build. Looks like some real good equipment.