PDA

View Full Version : Well, back goes my Mega Billet Upper

m249saw
23 August 2010, 13:30
Bought a Mega Billet Upper/Lower setup I purchased from Rainier for my 12/5" SBR Project. Finally got around to test fitting everything since I just got my Larue 7.0 rail and lo and behold the retainer ring didn't fit.

So like any good forum person I did a search and viola, a known problem. Called Larue and was told I could just dremel off some of the front of the upper receiver. Not something I wanted to do.

So I called Rainier and they were gracious enough to give me an RMA number to send it back and do a swap. So Now Iguess its a choice between the VLTOR MUR or the Rainier Billet Ultramatch (which rooks pretty sexy and alot less "Advertising" on it. I imagine all the MURs that Rainier has now are the redesigned ones, since its been a while since the change.

Paulo_Santos
23 August 2010, 13:59
That sucks, but glad Rainier Arms is taking care of you.

m249saw
24 August 2010, 09:37
That sucks, but glad Rainier Arms is taking care of you.

Indeed, very nice people over there.

Aragorn
24 August 2010, 14:16
I'd be willing to bet that the Rainier billet upper is going to be a closer color match to your mega lower. The MUR's all tend to be pretty duff.

m249saw
25 August 2010, 06:57
After reading reviews all over the intraweb, Im going to go with the Billet A4 Rainier Ultramatch Upper

Stickman
28 August 2010, 09:49
I'd be willing to bet that the Rainier billet upper is going to be a closer color match to your mega lower. The MUR's all tend to be pretty duff.

My thoughts as well, the MUR are a very deep matte gray to my eye.

Rusty_ Shackleford
4 September 2010, 05:24
The Rainer also has a cutout machined in it for use with a BAD lever. Very nice upper indeed........

m249saw
4 September 2010, 11:25
Got it yesterday, Rainier swapped it out with no problems.

It is a good looking upper, and the anti-rotation ring seats perfectly. Now I wait for the ok to get the barrel. Sigh.