PDA

View Full Version : My 930SPX xperience

Ripcode
28 August 2010, 20:32
About a month ago I went to Dick's to buy a Mossberg 930SPX. I had my pics on my phone on how the barrel and front sight should look. I had a small metal ruler so I could check for a canted front sight. The one on the display rack checked out, so I told them I would take it. He went back and said he couldn't find the box but they had another in a box in back. I said I would need to look it over. The one in the box had a canted front sight. When I showed the counter guy he was quite surprised. He said he would look again for the box of the first SPX. He finally did find the box. 4473 and then off to pay for it.

I had a coupon for $10 off, but the manager accidentally rung it up as 10% off. I told him something was wrong. He said, "It's your lucky day. Besides, I know we'll get the money back as I see you here all the time!". So I got $62 knocked off the price. Sweet!

I finally got a chance to shoot it today. I did not clean it. This was shot straight out of the box.

I started off with some skeet loads. No problem. I did maybe (2) mag loads worth to get a feel for this shotgun.

Then slugs. No problem.

Then nothing but junk yardsale reloads. No problem except for a (1) FTE on a reloaded older paper shell. [:D]

I put about (75) rounds through it. My shoulder is killing me. I should have worn something more than a t-shirt. [BD]

I didn't have enough time to sight it it, but at 25 yards it hit at point of aim. So I can't wait to see how this does farther out.

I bought this due to the extensive review by M24shooter. I'd like to thank him for all the info he has provided on this shotgun.

I'm feeling pretty good about this one and can't wait to see how it does fully broken in!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4141/4937652931_a08da814d7_b.jpg

Paulo_Santos
29 August 2010, 06:29
Good job. Hopefully the counter guy learned something also.

m24shooter
29 August 2010, 06:56
Ripcode, glad you are happy with the 930.
If you shoot it a lot in one setting, you may notice the bolt slowing down. When it does that just squirt some lube in the open receiver and on the bolt body, and then operate the bolt a couple of times. It should pick right back up then.
Have fun with your shotgun, and I'm glad the review helped you out. I'm still waiting on a few things before I do another update on it.

Ripcode
29 August 2010, 08:31
Ripcode, glad you are happy with the 930.
If you shoot it a lot in one setting, you may notice the bolt slowing down. When it does that just squirt some lube in the open receiver and on the bolt body, and then operate the bolt a couple of times. It should pick right back up then.
Have fun with your shotgun, and I'm glad the review helped you out. I'm still waiting on a few things before I do another update on it.

Noted on keeping lube handy.

Now that I know she is a keeper, I can buy the few accessories I want.

Looking forward to your upcoming updates M24!