PDA

View Full Version : question about Trijicons

stormwalker
6 September 2010, 20:40
I am building a 16" AR "light-(er) weight" and I am interested in the Trijicon Accupoint 1.25-5 scope. mainly because it does not use batteries, is variable in power and in my budget.

It will be in a scout type mount. appx 4" forward of rear sight. in a Larue quick release mount.

My question is, what is the general opinion of the guys that run this scope?

Is there a preferred reticle?

I have other scopes of similar design in mind but none of the others have the no batteries design feature.

thanks for any help.
Edit/Delete Message

Paulo_Santos
7 September 2010, 02:28
They make the 1.25x4 and the 1x4. If given a choice, I'd get the 1x4 as it is better on 1x.

As far as the reticles, they have the triangle or the German Dot. The triangle reticule is better/faster for close shooting while the German Dot is more precise.

stormwalker
7 September 2010, 05:28
you're right I should have said 1-4 power. I have been looking at so many models I got a bit confused at the time of my posting.

thank you for your reply.

what color works best in daylight?

Paulo_Santos
7 September 2010, 06:00
you're right I should have said 1-4 power. I have been looking at so many models I got a bit confused at the time of my posting.

thank you for your reply.

what color works best in daylight?

I use have used the green and red and they are both good. Red is best if you plan on using night vision. Other than that, they are both good to go.

TehLlama
7 September 2010, 16:38
I wasn't aware that the red could be used in conjunction with NVGs... I end up with terrible washout trying to run PVS14's behind ACOGs.

Paulo_Santos
7 September 2010, 17:14
I wasn't aware that the red could be used in conjunction with NVGs... I end up with terrible washout trying to run PVS14's behind ACOGs.

The red isn't great either for NV, but much better than the green. The Trijicon Rep wanted to send some items to my PD to test out and that is the one thing he mentioned about the red and green.