PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster ACR

wild_wild_wes
3 February 2008, 02:50
Are the BUIS on the ACR new designs? The rear looks a bit like the PRI but the front is different.

John Hwang
5 February 2008, 21:56
From our understanding, the ACR is not coming with a rear BUIS.

Stickman
6 February 2008, 10:35
Are the BUIS on the ACR new designs? The rear looks a bit like the PRI but the front is different.

The original concept of the Masada didn't include a BUIS under the idea that there are a lot of different BUIS, and a lot of people have specific brands they are loyal towards.

I don't see why Bushmaster would alter anything or make a change.

TigerStripe
6 February 2008, 21:47
I think he means the demo ones that were on at least one Masada/ACR. They looked like a polymer #40L...

TS

Stickman
7 February 2008, 07:52
TS,

If you mean the MBUS from Magpul, I've heard nothing which would lead me to believe that is being used.

MAGPUL MBUS LINK (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252)

TigerStripe
7 February 2008, 08:57
TS,

If you mean the MBUS from Magpul, I've heard nothing which would lead me to believe that is being used.

MAGPUL MBUS LINK (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252)

I just thought he might have seen a pic and thought those were possibly going to be on the Masada/ACR. Thanks for the link!

TS

SuicideHz
8 April 2008, 10:46
The picture of the 12.5" in the New Firearms Form has a Troy rear.

Pictures from shot should show the Magpul rear BUIS...

TigerStripe
8 April 2008, 11:38
Those are nice!

TS

TigerStripe
18 May 2008, 11:11
Move along civilians. They are dead for you...

TS

SuicideHz
18 May 2008, 11:16
Maybe for you Derek.

Stickman
18 May 2008, 12:19
Move along civilians. They are dead for you...

TS

Do you mean Bushmaster having moved back the release date?

TigerStripe
18 May 2008, 14:27
Do you mean Bushmaster having moved back the release date?

Yep. That and reversing the order of who they're going to send them to. Unless a miracle happens a civilian won't see one if either of the Dems gets the White House.

TS

Stickman
18 May 2008, 14:29
I would guess that they are painfully aware of the political climate. What order are they changing?

TigerStripe
18 May 2008, 15:02
I would guess that they are painfully aware of the political climate. What order are they changing?

Initially it was civilian market first, along with LE T&E's, then military. Now it's military and LE T&E's then civilian market. You should get one third or fourth quarter.

Richard's taking the blame, saying it's Magpul's fault with some design issues. I think he and Magpul are so used to taking the hit that Richard's falling on the sword for Bushmaster.

Hopefully they'll get one out before an "Assault Weapons" ban goes to Washington.

TS

SuicideHz
19 May 2008, 10:27
I sure would like to see you post this in Drake's ACR thread on M4.

You've got a lot of "tone" in the statements you made here Chicken Little. [:)]

Stickman
19 May 2008, 11:50
Unless Bushmaster is making comments in the thread, its a moot point. The order in how they release the product isn't going to be up to Magpul. They licensed it, they can release it how they see fit.

At some points, I just have to sit back and laugh at the amount of misinformation posted at the internet. I had one of my officers tell me that police departments all over were testing the ACR, and wanted to know if I had heard about it. I had to explain that Bushmaster hadn't released them for departmental testing, which opened up a nice little debate for a bit.

tac40
8 June 2008, 09:47
I agree with you Stick, no BM ACR yet and no T&E product. I was working on getting one for a T&E but at the last minute it fell through. Like everyone out there, it's a waiting game in an election year with the possibility of never seeing the finished product. I hope I am wrong on that. There's always cowboy shooting action [:)]

TigerStripe
8 June 2008, 12:15
I wouldn't mind doing a T&E of the ACR. I'm not military or police though... I'm enjoying the D-M4 now... http://weaponevolution.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

TS

SuicideHz
9 June 2008, 12:01
So it's highly likely that the democratic candidates have gun control at the tos of their lists AND we'll get a dem majority in House and Senate AND a brand new bill will be decided upon before first quarter 09?

Magpul is trying to perfect the rifle for BM production. They aren't stupid enough to think that no civilian sales is perfect. They'll keep updating the design until it's time to act in the event of any new bill...

I agree with you Stick, no BM ACR yet and no T&E product. I was working on getting one for a T&E but at the last minute it fell through. Like everyone out there, it's a waiting game in an election year with the possibility of never seeing the finished product. I hope I am wrong on that. There's always cowboy shooting action [:)]