PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Midlength MOE handguards now shipping

Stickman
28 September 2010, 15:37
Widely anticipated, and now released....

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BCM/868W1373-1024-stick.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BCM/868W1472-1024-Stick.jpg

Wondering Beard
28 September 2010, 16:58
So there is no rear slot on the sides.

Maybe there are places on the bottom or top to put one of the Mount N Slot units.

It looks real good though.

rob_s
28 September 2010, 17:51
Stick, any idea why the longer versions aren't including the slots at the rear?

Stickman
28 September 2010, 18:05
No idea at all.

The-S
28 September 2010, 18:11
why would you need slots in the rear?

WebMoskal
28 September 2010, 18:25
why would you need slots in the rear?

sling mount

Stickman
28 September 2010, 18:26
sling mount

I typically run my sling from the rear of the hand guard also.

The-S
28 September 2010, 19:40
sling mount

I typically run my sling from the rear of the hand guard also.

Why not use the lower side slot in the rear?

Stickman
28 September 2010, 20:04
You could certainly do that, but I run my sling from the rear of the receiver, and from the very end of the rail (or handguard) on my duty and training weapons. It gives a better overall handling to the sling for the type of work that I do, which is mainly clearing buildings and other close in work.

The-S
28 September 2010, 20:13
Makes sense. I run mine from my buffer tube on my UBR because I feel it maintains the most mobility/control

rob_s
29 September 2010, 03:16
Why not use the lower side slot in the rear?

Typically not big enough.

TehLlama
29 September 2010, 16:49
That Kino is gorgeous with this...

Dremel looks like the option for the moment, unless the lads in Boulder have an MOE mountable RSA up their sleeve or something.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
29 September 2010, 23:39
IWC will have some SWEET new MOUNT-N-SLOTS for MOE's out in the next five weeks for these and the rifle length hand guards.

See the light in Stick's killer pic's... Our new Illumination MOUNT-N-SLOTS will BLOW YOU AWAY!!! These are a week away...

Special deals for WEVO members...

STAY TUNED!!!

MOUNT-N-SLOT

MOUNT-N-SLOT
29 September 2010, 23:43
You could certainly do that, but I run my sling from the rear of the receiver, and from the very end of the rail (or handguard) on my duty and training weapons. It gives a better overall handling to the sling for the type of work that I do, which is mainly clearing buildings and other close in work.

Stick... you should buy one of our MOUNTS and try in on a Carbine MOE. They really free up the space on the HG for exactly the work you perform. PM me...

MOUNT-N-SLOT

CLICKBANGBANG
8 October 2010, 20:58
Testing 1- 2.... First post. Are we getting voltage here?

Hey Earl, when will we see those scout MOE mounts?

IWC will have some SWEET new MOUNT-N-SLOTS for MOE's out in the next five weeks for these and the rifle length hand guards.

See the light in Stick's killer pic's... Our new Illumination MOUNT-N-SLOTS will BLOW YOU AWAY!!! These are a week away...

Special deals for WEVO members...

STAY TUNED!!!

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Quib
8 October 2010, 21:21
Hey Earl, when will we see those scout MOE mounts?

LOL......You're not the only one Earl is keeping in suspense!

Stickman
8 October 2010, 22:42
http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BCM/CTML0573-1024-Stick.jpg

Stickman
10 October 2010, 16:59
http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BCM/CTML0574-1024-Stick.jpg

BC98
10 October 2010, 20:01
Great pics, Stick. I really like the midlength MOE 'guards on my Kino. I only have to pick up a decent light and get a sling set-up and the shorty rifle will be done (for now).

Lancelot
14 October 2010, 05:03
LOL......You're not the only one Earl is keeping in suspense!

As soon as the mail man gets here? Oh wait..... Never mind. Forget I said that. :-)

The only reason Magpul should add those extra slots aft is for those of us using Mount-N-Slot products. That's probably a small percentage at this time, but over time I'm sure that will grow.

But Magpul also needs to consider making the top of the hand guard flat. Right now it is rounded off with a nice shape to it, which does not lend itself to mounting stuff. I'm sure it works better for the over the top hand hold, as taught by the Magpul gurus, but not for mounts. I'm sure it's hard to design a product that works for everyone.

Quib
14 October 2010, 07:06
I'm waiting on my review sample of the new IWC SF light mounts!

Earl's keeping tight lipped on this one.........

Army Chief
14 October 2010, 19:00
That is one svelte BCM. What a great package!

AC

Lancelot
15 October 2010, 17:08
I have this brand new tax stamp that says 12.5 on it......

Policetacteam
18 October 2010, 05:27
I have the new IWC light mount in hand. Without giving too much away I will say its extremely well made, very robust build, and incorporates a small section of picatinny rail for mounting a vertical fore grip. The machining is perfect as is the finish! Those are my initial observations and I will try to get it mounted and tested this week along with some pictures.

Stickman
18 October 2010, 09:36
I have the new IWC light mount in hand. Without giving too much away I will say its extremely well made, very robust build, and incorporates a small section of picatinny rail for mounting a vertical fore grip. The machining is perfect as is the finish! Those are my initial observations and I will try to get it mounted and tested this week along with some pictures.

I look forward to seeing it. Please make sure you start a new thread so it doesn't get buried in this one.

Quib
18 October 2010, 10:16
I look forward to seeing it. Please make sure you start a new thread so it doesn't get buried in this one.

Same here.

Please post a review when you are able to.

m249saw
18 October 2010, 18:51
That damn Kino makes me go from 6 o clock to noon every time I see it.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
18 October 2010, 19:55
Hey Guys,

I'll have pic's up of three of the four versions of Illumination Tool MOUNT-N-SLOT brand Direct Attach Mounts up on WEVO, AR-15.com, CO-AR15.com and our Facebook page on WEDNESDAY.

Thanks for your patience as we finished field eval's with our LEO Advisors and other testers. The extra time allowed us to make the MOUNT-N-SLOT's better, and lower cost, which is our primary goal. We've completed manufacturing on some of them and others are now in production, with a for-sale date over the next four weeks, starting this weekend for a couple.

IWC was granted a SUREFIRE Distributorship and we've been waiting for our initial order to arrive before re-vamping our site to showcase the new Illumination Tools.

We hope you like them and the changes planned for IWC's website.

All the best,

MOUNT-N-SLOT

wolf_walker
18 October 2010, 20:02
Oh please tell me one of them is an offset mount that will give me a 4 or 5 o'clock for thumb use with the MVG?
Just installed the MVG and rotation limited QD swivel earlier this evening, good stuff indeed.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
18 October 2010, 23:29
Oh please tell me one of them is an offset mount that will give me a 4 or 5 o'clock for thumb use with the MVG?
Just installed the MVG and rotation limited QD swivel earlier this evening, good stuff indeed.

It does exactly that!!! Except... It uses the RVG, not the MVG. So if you buy the Illumination Mount... I'll throw in the RVG for free. And you can either keep the MVG or give it to someone... kinda like paying it forward. It's your call. We're really happy to hear you like our MOUNT-N-SLOT you already purchased.

Thanks so much!!!

MOUNT-N-SLOT

wolf_walker
19 October 2010, 15:55
Eagerly awaiting pics.
And your little boxes are awesome btw.

wolf_walker
20 October 2010, 16:15
Hey Guys,

I'll have pic's up of three of the four versions of Illumination Tool MOUNT-N-SLOT brand Direct Attach Mounts up on WEVO, AR-15.com, CO-AR15.com and our Facebook page on WEDNESDAY.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Alright it's Wednesday, give up the lights mounts. :)

MOUNT-N-SLOT
22 October 2010, 12:59
Hey Everybody,

We decided to launch our Illumination Tool mounts until next week, as we're completing a few open items.

Thanks... We think the wait will be worth it.

MOUNT-N-SLOT