PDA

View Full Version : Surefire lights

Broad Arrow
29 September 2010, 04:27
Hi. I would like to ask what's the difference between the M620V Scout light and M952V Millennium light. From what I see in Surefire, both are LED, 150 lumens, runs for 1.8 hrs and 2 batteries. The only differences I see are size and weight. If these are the only differences, what is the benefit of getting one over the other? Which one is the better light for HD? Thanks [:)]

neo9710
29 September 2010, 11:30
Is there any reason you are deciding with surefire? There are other options that are a little cheaper..

But alas..I'm inquiring on the scout light too.. for work though..need something with more output

Paulo_Santos
29 September 2010, 12:04
Surefire lights are great, but for HD, I wouldn't look any further than the G2 LED. The ones you mentioned are great, but pricey.

Uglyduck
29 September 2010, 13:26
They both offer a dual output IR/White light LED, is this a feature you want or need?

If not, take a look at Surefires newest models, the G2X/6PX. Max output of 200 lumens for 2.5 hours for around $65. The pro models are dual output 15/200 lumens. They obviously don't come with an IR capability, an integral mount or pressure switch but if thats a concern some of those options can be added and still be of excellent value.

As stated above, is there a particular reason you selected these two lights?

Stocks
22 October 2010, 23:19
I really like my Surefire E2D 200 lumen light with the Gear Sector mount. Does not need a remote switch and it is tough as hell. I have put over 500 rounds of 62 grain through my rifle during night shoots and the Surefire has held up without failure. I like the slim low profile and the sharp bezel edge. Also the light has a dim or bright feature.

zero7one
23 October 2010, 00:02
I really like my Surefire E2D 200 lumen light with the Gear Sector mount. Does not need a remote switch and it is tough as hell. I have put over 500 rounds of 62 grain through my rifle during night shoots and the Surefire has held up without failure. I like the slim low profile and the sharp bezel edge. Also the light has a dim or bright feature.

Is an IR feature a deal breaker for you? Do you need it for HD?

If you are set on SureFire and don't need a remote switch, the M620C Scout Light, which has 150 lumen and sells for around $550 has an included additional tailcap switch. The Millennium is also 150 lumen, sells for $575, and does not come with an additional tailcap switch.

If you are open to other brands of lights, I have been testing an Elzetta 3-Cell light, which has 235 lumen lamp, runs around $165, and it tough as nails. You also have the option of a strike bezel or the standard bezel. However, the Elzetta lights do not come with a mount, but an Elzetta mount can be purchased for $60-75. A nice feature with the Elzetta ZROC mount is that you can remove the light by loosening the thumb screw.

Here are some pictures for reference:

http://zero7one.defensemk.com/Elzetta_Tactical/zero7one_Elzetta_Tactical_M60_008.jpg

http://zero7one.defensemk.com/Elzetta_Tactical/zero7one_Elzetta_Tactical_M60_014.jpg

http://zero7one.defensemk.com/Elzetta_Tactical/zero7one_Elzetta_Tactical_ZROC_ZORM_001.jpg

http://zero7one.defensemk.com/Elzetta_Tactical/zero7one_Elzetta_Tactical_M60_007.jpg

tac40
23 October 2010, 07:41
I was about to ask about that light, Elzetta. For HD on a rifle, a SF G2 with LED with 120 lumen is a good choice or if you want to budget yourself, have you looked at the Fenix flashlights with the Cree LED? (TK-11 models with 285 lumen). The SF lights you mentioned are nice but $$$$.

Wondering Beard
23 October 2010, 07:43
Does this Elzetta light fit easily in other mounts such as the Gear Sector mentioned above?

zero7one
23 October 2010, 08:37
The Elzetta Light measures exactly 1" at it's largest width. If your light mount will accept a 1" light, it should work fine. The only reason I say "should" is because I do not have one on hand to test.