PDA

View Full Version : Magpul rear MBUS

jakeman
11 October 2010, 19:04
Could someone who has a Magpul MBUS rear sight provide the height dimension from the top of rail to top of sight when folded down. I am trying to check the clearance for a magnifer I may use above it.

Quib
11 October 2010, 19:14
.6" above the receiver.

Paulo_Santos
12 October 2010, 04:28
It works with he magnifier. If you get the co-witness magnifier mount, you will have issues because the Windaus knob on the MBUS will hit the magnifier when it is flipped to he side. The lower 1/3 magnifier mount will work with no problem.

jakeman
12 October 2010, 17:51
Thanks for the replies. I currently have a Sampson rear BUIS that I am trying to use with a Primary Arms magnifier. However the rear barrell of the magnifier is hitting the peep sight which does not lay flush when folded. The magifier is on a quick release mount behind a Primary Arms M4 red dot on a forward cant mount. If I move the magnifier too far forward it dosen't leave enough room for the red dot. Not sure if this rear sight is going to work?

Quib
12 October 2010, 17:54
Thanks for the replies.

No problem.

If you need any other MBUS dimensions, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

jakeman
18 October 2010, 15:41
Just a follow up. I installed the Magpul MBUS rear on my Spikes mid-length and now my Primary Arms magnifier fits fine. At first I wasn't to sure about switching to a plastic or polymer sight but it seems well made. I'll try and re-zero my sights this weekend and provide a update.

Quib
18 October 2010, 16:53
Good deal! Keep us updated!